Just a few questions from an old Tekkit player

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

solofrog

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, would like to say that FTB is awesome and glad i switched to it, even with its flaws at the moment.

So had a few questions.

1. Are there any good methods of transporting items/liquids/power anymore EDIT:TELEPORTING (Sorry i meant to ask abotu the teleport pipes.) ? I noticed for one that the teleport pipes were gone that i was used to, unless they have been renamed.
2. Cant find any documentation on the translocator.... what is that? lol
3. Electrical engines the only good way to convert EU to MJ? I noticed the energy link was gone.

Thanks alot and appreciate all the help!

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, would like to say that FTB is awesome and glad i switched to it, even with its flaws at the moment.

So had a few questions.

1. Are there any good methods of transporting items/liquids/power anymore? I noticed for one that the transport pipes were gone that i was used to, unless they have been renamed.
2. Cant find any documentation on the translocator.... what is that? lol
3. Electrical engines the only good way to convert EU to MJ? I noticed the energy link was gone.

Thanks alot and appreciate all the help!
1. There's buildcraft waterproof pipes for now
2. no idea, is that even the full name?
3. AFAIK, yes

Bynnar18

Jul 29, 2019
Additional Pipes (Teleport Pipes) was updated to 1.3.2 or later somewhere along the line but I can't recall much on that. I find railcraft + mystcraft portal much more fun. Hmmm, maybe link a chunk loading cart to it and send it across the landscape.

Translocator is from GregTech apparently (as is a lot of stuff that looks new for IC2), there is a page on the IC2 wiki for the addon.

Grab an electric engine for converting energy. The forestry electric engine self adjusts for any EU so it's basically a converter.

solofrog

Jul 29, 2019
Ok awesome, thanks for the info. So basically theres no equilivant of additional pipes teleport pipe

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
A fairly good system for teleporting things around is ender chests. With 4092 possible combinations, you should be covered there. You have to work a bit to get the items out, and have to make sure you pull out as fast as item go in because it has a small inventory, but it def. gets the teleporting job done.

speedemon24

Jul 29, 2019
A farily god way to transport power is to use rail craft with a holding track and loaders and unloader, and also mystcraft portals becuase carts can go through them and still work. Here is my system for transporting oil from another world entirely to my base in the over world.

2012-11-21_233403.png

2012-11-21_233418.png

Reactions: MrAgle

AliRaza08

Jul 29, 2019
Additional Pipes (Teleport Pipes) was updated to 1.3.2 or later somewhere along the line but I can't recall much on that. I find railcraft + mystcraft portal much more fun. Hmmm, maybe link a chunk loading cart to it and send it across the landscape.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
1. Tesseracts from thermal expansion can teleport items/fluids/power. As can he dimensional transciever from enderIO. I think the latest buildcraft also has teleport pipes again too but I could be wrong on that.

Additionally as someone else mentioned, ender chests and on that vein, ender tanks for fluid transport.

2. This is probably a decent place to start

3. Lack of compatibility with everything else is kinda hurting EU-based mods at the moment. But if you add Mekanism, universal cables can take any kind of power and use it on any (well, most) kinds of machine.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Contrary to popular opinion, necro posts aren't against the rules. If a discussion is in any way still relevant, posting to a thread with existing information is still useful.

If you don't like the thread, don't keep replying and it falls back into obscurity.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Could have sworn this wouldn't have counted as relevant. But I digress.

Also tesseracts are your friends :p