Whitelist Server JCraft Ultimate FTB dedicated bukkit server

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Exitusworld

Jul 29, 2019
the last couple crashes including the one on friday was just me on. dont remember what i was doing for sure but i think i was trying to set my auto enchanter back up after having just finished my coal coke automation both times. after the first crash and world back up i took most my stuff down and then put back up again. had a back log of 3 coal and that was it...got a enderchest at end of RP2 pipes to prevent back up so idk whats causing the crashes. i havnt been on but ill get on and take anything that uses power or automates down.

Exitusworld

Jul 29, 2019
took alot of stuff down. left the machines in place but if u want u can take them down, just make a chest and put them in nearby where they were if u can. only other thing i can think of is maybe a derp with wraith lamps but i hope not, can take those down 2 if u really want.
only other thing i would mention is i set up a online player detector to turn my chunk loader off when i log but when i got on it was obvious that all my stuff had been running in my factory but my tree farm and flax seemed untouched so idk why that is, as loader should be loading just past them. Hard to play with all the lag spikes but i pay attention to forums if u need me.

Iron_Chestplate

Jul 29, 2019
  • Name: Mason
  • Experience with the mods/vanilla MC: I have been playing MC for about three years now and have been using mod for about 2.
  • What do you bring to the table: I bring expertise in IC2, BC I have also acquired a nice skill in building over the past years
  • Anything else that may make us like you: I can be helpful in many ways just ask.
  • Have you ever been banned and why: Yes. Nasty Admins and Owners.
  • You really dont want to be hit with the cod fish. It smells really bad xD funny.

Jarradw

Jul 29, 2019
Server is up right now. I was in Vegas all week for a convention so I have not been able to follow up on things. Make sure no one is using XYCraft tanks, they have proven to cause many issues and should not be used. If there are corruption issues let me know and I will look into them now that I am home. I will be on and off all day so just shoot me a message.

HopityAG

Jul 29, 2019
i am pretty sure that the server is down again[DOUBLEPOST=1368320271][/DOUBLEPOST]well i was making some power armor and then it said something for intentional error or something like that and it says that i cant reach the server from then untill now

Jarradw

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I am home and watching things now. I also put dynmap back up so I could go around the server and look for the cause of the lag. I am working on that.

We have 3 options,
  1. Help me find the lag gen
  2. Start a new map
  3. wait for the update and start a new map.
Let me know what you guys think.

Kitsuhime

Jul 29, 2019
Jar I fixed a few things that may have caused it to no avail. good thing to note 4thousand saplings in a rp tube and the serverhapply stays around 15tps :p The bad news this thing must be a really bad thingto cause those dips.

Popparay

Jul 29, 2019
I been away for the last couple of weeks due to bereavement.

Hey guys I am home and watching things now. I also put dynmap back up so I could go around the server and look for the cause of the lag. I am working on that.

We have 3 options,
  1. Help me find the lag gen
  2. Start a new map
  3. wait for the update and start a new map.
Let me know what you guys think.

This is what I think, its just my opinion ofc :p

- Fresh map, don't think FTB will be updating 'officially' until 1.6 so I think we have some time.
- Make it clear that the map will be reset when the update come in 1.6 or 1.5 if we're lucky
- Treat the new map as a sort of Beta map, testing different measures to control the lag.
- Make new Thread to reflect 'relaunch' with pictures and shizzle

Measures I think we need to reduce lag:

- Imposed border for all maps from the start (apart from The End due to asteroid farming)
- Chunk loaders to remain on only when people are online. Its nice to have them on all the time but as time goes by this will increase lag due to the amount of machines that will be left on.
- Make it clear that if any machines do not have an overflow mechanism in place then they will be deleted in their entirety.
- 2 hourly server restarts via cronjob

This is just my 2 cents worth, but I think this will make for a better server :)

Jarradw

Jul 29, 2019
I been away for the last couple of weeks due to bereavement.

SNIP

This is just my 2 cents worth, but I think this will make for a better server :)

I agree with you ray. You have been missed btw :)

I am writing up what i want to do for the next map and my ideas. Been working on it for 1.5 but it will be the same for any new map I make. I think they will work out well, we have done a lot with testing and troubleshooting of things on the server and I think we have a very stable and balanced set of ideas now. I will let you all know after I talk to a few more people what we decide on.

Popparay

Jul 29, 2019
logo_zps7b351b58.jpg

features_zps2c368414.jpg

Welcome to JCraft's Ultimate server!

Do you find yourself looking at traffic and thinking, "Why did I leave my linking book at home?"
Do you look at a mountain and wonder, "How long would it take to mine all that basalt?"
Have you ever had the urge to ender pearl out of bed to get a drink of water because you are too lazy to walk?

Then this is the place for you my fellow minecraft addicts!

We are a group of friends both real life and met through other servers that decided to make our own server. You can find our information below and if you think you would like to join us in our quest to conquer all that is FTB please let us know and post up a application. Stay crafty my friends!

specs_zps8b88e20a.jpg

Server Name: Jcraft
Server IP: jcraft.mdn40.creeperhost.net (IP Has changed, please use this now)
Mode: Survival
Modpack: Ultimate( latest version )

rules_zps18ffa23d.jpg

• Mystcraft - There will be portals at spawn linking to major areas in the world. You will be allowed to make linking books around the world and to the nether/mining world. No additional worlds will be created unless you have been given access to via donation or other means.
  • Chunkloaders - You will be limited to 5 spot loaders and 1 chunk loader. This is just to keep lag down on the server. If you are not online and do not need your machines running, please turn them off.
  • Redpower - Beware the relay and timer lag. If you use excessive amounts of either of these you will cause the server to lag and we will be forced to hit you with a cod fish.
  • Automation - If you automate anything you must have a off lever and fail safe. By this I mean all RP tubes should have a last resort of a restriction tube to incinerator or other void method.
  • Spawners - We will have a spawner area setup for XP and items. Do not make your own shard spawners, we cannot risk the lag that they create.
  • XYCraft - Do not use the Tanks. We have seen to many corruptions from these and do not want to risk the world.
And the most important rule of all is...
Have fun and be nice to your neighbors. You really dont want to be hit with the cod fish. It smells really bad
icon_e_biggrin.gif

We are a whitelisted server so you must be on the list in order to get on the server. If you wish to apply, please do so here. Please include at least the following.

• Name
  • Age(if you dont mind saying)
  • Experience with the mods/vanilla MC
  • What do you bring to the table?
  • Anything else that may make us like you.
  • Have you ever been banned and why?
  • Proof that you read the rules and this post :)
Make sure you read the rules before applying so that you know what you are applying too. Bring cookies. Jordan ate all the ones we had ;)

Recently we have had to ban a few players. I will post this here so there is no confusion to the rules and my intentions.

The /rules in game read as such:
Thou shalt not grief!
Thou shalt not Steal!
Thou shalt not kill ... unless in a PVP area.

In general, don't be a idiot and play nice with others!

This is a mature server and I expect all on it to behave that way. Do no cause grief for the players on it or you will be removed. If a mod is on in my absence and warns you, they are speaking for me. Do not taunt them or ignore them. This will get you banned. If you cannot act like an adult then you are not welcome on our server.

Update 4-30-13
We will be doing a server recording to put up here to show off what we have built. If you would like to have your area recorded please let me know or record it and send it to me and I will add it in. Make it look good guys :)

Kitsuhime

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Jar, after thinking of stuff lastnight on this situation, I think its a good idea to restart. how, is up to you. Also I know its not ftb but I got a semi decent working mod instance set up for 1.5.1 if you want to play around with it as well. we were also a little too lenient on mob spawners last go around and I have a plan to make one pretty much perfect with auto shut off this next map at spawn.

piercegellner

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Jar am I still whitelisted still? I know I have been gone for a while buts it been all filled up with school and ive been working and I just formatted my computer and had to redownload everything and I wanted to come on and explain it all to u guys. :) if im not still whitelisted I understand.

Jarradw

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Jar am I still whitelisted still? I know I have been gone for a while buts it been all filled up with school and ive been working and I just formatted my computer and had to redownload everything and I wanted to come on and explain it all to u guys. :) if im not still whitelisted I understand.

If you arent on there still, we can add you back in. Just let me know.