Mac JavaVM Fatal: FTB Launch Issue.

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficialD4

Jul 29, 2019
Dear reader,

I have been struggling to launch the Ultimate Pack of FTB for about a week now. I had ran a software update for my Mac computer and instantly, this issue has begun.

To describe the symptoms is difficult. The launcher opens wonderfully, I click launch and every singly time the launcher asks to run an update for the ultimate pack. I update, then just after loading up FML, everything closes.

The Log states that JavaVM FATAL: lookup of function JAWT_GetAWT failed.... and then exit. I have absolutely no understanding of what this means, it also has a few errors a little ways up. I'd not only like to get this issue fixed to play the game in my free time, but I'd like to understand what is causing this issue if possible.

I am running on a Mac OS X 10.7.5 with java version "1.6.0_43" according to a terminal 'java -version' scan.

My MinecraftLog.txt can be found here: http://pastebin.com/8eUfTXHK

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, I'm pretty good at finding things and even better at following directions!

Thanks!

OfficialD4

Jul 29, 2019
After doing some more research, I have found that all of the FTB packs are having the same issue.

No fix has been found, please help!

OfficialD4

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, everyone. I seemed to have found a potential fix. Possibly just a band-aid though.

FYI I deleted the javaappletplugin.plugin. I have absolutely no idea what this is/does, but I saw it in a tutorial somewhere. If anyone has any clue what this caused, does, or any more info, please feel free to post!

I'm just glad I can play again.

Axor

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, this is a Mac issue I had, first uninstall Java totall.
1) Go to applications section of the Finder and type "Javaapplet" and something that looks like a Lego will appear.
2) Move that to trash.
Lastly, install Java 6.
1) Then you should Google "Java 6 for Mac" and download and install that.

daarkfall

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how relevant this is however i was using a java framework some time ago which threw exceptions relating to GL_AWT.dylib

Status
Not open for further replies.