java.lang.IllegalStateException: TickNextTick list out of synch

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

JohnnyBsKillz

Jul 29, 2019
Title java.lang.IllegalStateException: TickNextTick list out of synch

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack FTB Revalations

Modpack version 1.4.0

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file Original: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/7091b6b2 Latest: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/60a7372d

Details of the issue Crash began approximately 1 day after updating to 1.4.0. Crash occured initially at 7pm, second instance occured when I attempted to restart the server shortly after, and finally after rolling back the world save by 4 hours I got the server to load and was able to logon and play for 20 minutes. After disconnecting and coming back to it about 2 hours later I encountered the latest instance of this error. Googling revealed an issue with forge several years back (2013, 2016), but no solid resolution beyond updating forge. Looking for other possible resolutions.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyBsKillz

Jul 29, 2019
Tried cutting the area containing my base out and importing it into a new world. It still gave the same error.. Saw something interesting in an additional error related to Malisis doors which has caused issues for me in the past. Will try removing them to see if it resolves...

JohnnyBsKillz

Jul 29, 2019
No resolution after removing Malisis doors. Also, tried cutting my base out of the world and pasting into a fresh world with the same seed. The error reappeared within less than 5 minutes. Starting to loose hope for resolving this... will try updating forge, disabling a few mods I know are actively being used in my base. Updates to come.

JohnnyBsKillz

Jul 29, 2019
So... I have an update. I tried running the server on a different system without resolution (ruling out issues with RAM/CPU usage while running an instance of the client). I also tried updating forge which did appear to make it slightly more stable as the server did not crash for 5 minutes after restarting. I tested several times and did get a 5+ minute good run each time. It was still crashing, however, so I walked away and came back... and now I have an esoteric solution. I loaded the world in single player to see if that would run the tick sync differently. I was able to play for 2-3 minutes without crash, paused a couple of times, then saved and quit the world. I did that at least 3 times and then let it run for 15+ minutes without crash. The tick list sync issues seems to have been resolved. I have now reloaded the world on the server client and have been logged on for almost an hour without issue!!!

tldr: Loaded world in single player (copy to Saves folder in client folder) saved and quit several times and paused several times, then moved back to server to resolve issue.