Windows .exe Java error! Help!! Network is unreachable...

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

hansko1031

Jul 29, 2019
Here you got my pastebin: http://pastebin.com/zNrTK9n6

So i got this problem while starting up Mindcrack. I can't connect to any servers! It just says: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect

What can i do?!
I have tried reinstall java, nothing happens, i've googled it and i found nothing!
WIN7 64
JAVA 32

Can someone help?

Thanks
Hansko1031

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Check that the FTB launcher is allowed to connect through your firewall and antivirus.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
  1. Uninstall EVERY java from your computer
  2. Go HERE and download / Install the 64x Java
  3. Restart computer
  4. BACKUP YOUR SAVES!
  5. Delete EVERYTHING related to FTB.
    • Your FTB install folder.
    • The FTBServer folder (It is in your %appdata% folder)
  6. Re-download the launcher
  7. Create a folder called "C:\FTB\". Put the launcher in that folder. Right click the launcher and create a shortcut on the desktop.
  8. Start FTB.
If you can not connect still, follow the link in my signature about log files and post new ones please.

Mivao

Jul 29, 2019
The way I fixed it was to download 32 bit java and install it, the problem with that though is that i can't increase the max RAM past 1GB so Unleashed lags heaps

Mivao

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a fix for the problem i mentioned. Type this into your cmd: setx _JAVA_OPTIONS -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true Note that there is a space between setx and the underscore.

Viper-7

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a fix for the problem i mentioned. Type this into your cmd: setx _JAVA_OPTIONS -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true Note that there is a space between setx and the underscore.

Yep thats the correct fix, but you should still fix your java situation too.

The problem there is you have both 32 bit and 64 bit java on your system. When you updated the 64 bit Java, it didnt update the 32 bit one, which is what FTB seems to be using.

64 bit Java can do everything, there's no need to have the 32 bit one as well, as suggested you should remove ALL versions of Java on your machine then install just the 64 bit version. This will remove the 1gb RAM restriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.