Status
Not open for further replies.

Joolaven

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Launcher version : 1.2.2​
Minecraft Version: 1.4.7​
Java version: 6u43 & 7u17​
Detailed description of the issue / how can the issue be recreated:​
Start up using Java 7u17 this happens every time i start FTB whit java 7 or newer​
after i press pastebin button​
start up using java 6u43​
I can play single player whit java 6u43 or older but i can't play on servers.​

Attachments

• starup java 7u17.jpg
    starup java 7u17.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 131
  • After i press the pastebin button.jpg
    After i press the pastebin button.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Starup java 6u43.jpg
    Starup java 6u43.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 109

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Please post your entire client side console log on pastebin.com and link your paste URL here. This is the other window that is opened by the FTB launcher. Please post any and all other logs you can provide to pastebin.com and link those as well. Logs are much easier to read when uploaded to pastebin. To prevent future issues, such as pastebin flagging your log as spam and deleting it, it is simplest to create an account on pastebin.com and use that account to upload your logs.
As a windows user, you should be using Java 7, and only Java 7.

kysoto

Jul 29, 2019
Just a thought, but is it possible your firewall on your computer is blocking java 7?

Joolaven

Jul 29, 2019
Just a thought, but is it possible your firewall on your computer is blocking java 7?

I went and looked and the firewall did not have java 7 on the list so i added it but no difference still the same problem... but thanks for the suggestion :)[DOUBLEPOST=1364857098][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please post your entire client side console log on pastebin.com and link your paste URL here. This is the other window that is opened by the FTB launcher. Please post any and all other logs you can provide to pastebin.com and link those as well. Logs are much easier to read when uploaded to pastebin. To prevent future issues, such as pastebin flagging your log as spam and deleting it, it is simplest to create an account on pastebin.com and use that account to upload your logs.
As a windows user, you should be using Java 7, and only Java 7.

The ting is that i cant open pastebin when i use java 7u17 i get : invalid argument connect at the bottom of the console and no window opens.... i don't know what to do...

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
You apear to be having the same issue as this person.
Not sure if this will help, but it's worth a shot.

First, if you'r currently running java 6, uninstall it and install java 7.
If you get to the FTB launcher before the crash, try this:
I don't know if this would work and I never tested it, but go to Options -> Advanced Options and on Additional Java Parameters you should put:
Code:
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
Let me know if that works!
If the crash happens before the launcher opens then try this:
-Press and hold the windows key, then press the R key, then release (i.e. press Win + R). This causes the Run dialog to appear (bottom left).
-Copy and paste the following command into the Run dialog:
setx _JAVA_OPTIONS -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
- Press OK. You may see a black screen appear and disappear very quickly.

Joolaven

Jul 29, 2019
You apear to be having the same issue as this person.
Not sure if this will help, but it's worth a shot.

First, if you'r currently running java 6, uninstall it and install java 7.
If you get to the FTB launcher before the crash, try this:

If the crash happens before the launcher opens then try this:

I tried them all but no difference at all..... But thanks.

Joolaven

Jul 29, 2019
Console log please?

AnalyticsBackgroundThread started
FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.2.2)
Invalid argument: connect: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: connect
Java version: 1.7.0_17
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM version: 23.7-b01 by Oracle Corporation
Error making tracking request: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: connect
[i18n] Checking for updates ...
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
[i18n] Could not retrieve version info, skipping update.: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: connect

[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
Failed to load modpacks, loading from backup: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: connect
Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
Adding pack 1
Adding pack 2
Adding pack 3
Adding pack 4
Adding pack 5
Adding pack 6
Adding pack 7
Adding pack 8
Adding pack 9
Adding pack 10
Adding pack 11
Adding pack 12
Adding pack 13
Adding pack 14
Adding pack 15
Adding pack 16
loading map information...
loading texture pack information...
Logging in...
IOException, minecraft servers might be down. Check @ help.mojang.com
Login failed:
Logging in...
IOException, minecraft servers might be down. Check @ help.mojang.com
Login failed:

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Can you access the Java website? The link is in my thread about updating Java..... Follow those directions, (Even if you have already done them please) and see if that fix's your issue.

Joolaven

Jul 29, 2019
Can you access the Java website? The link is in my thread about updating Java..... Follow those directions, (Even if you have already done them please) and see if that fix's your issue.

I have tried that many times and it did not work. And on a side note this problem continues even if i re-install (something i have done many, many, many times before about 10-20times ) Windows 7 x64 Home premium and all i install is Java the last update at the time and FTB...

maxpowa

Jul 29, 2019
This may sound stupid to you but after reinstalling windows, did you find and install all your correct drivers for your machine? Windows 7's install process isn't perfect for finding drivers, but it often works well enough to make a person think they don't need to find them (when they might actually need to).

Joolaven

Jul 29, 2019
This may sound stupid to you but after reinstalling windows, did you find and install all your correct drivers for your machine? Windows 7's install process isn't perfect for finding drivers, but it often works well enough to make a person think they don't need to find them (when they might actually need to).

I installed the drivers for the motherboard from the cd that came whit it and i had pre downloaded the graphic card drivers and all the other small drivers beforehand (all but java that i went and downloaded from the java site) after i had installed them and restarted my computer the next thing i did was to install FTB... I don't know what to do.. my next ide is to buy a new motherboard, graphic card and/ore cpu to see if that fixes the problem i don't really what to do that but if all ells fails then..

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt this is a problem with your motherboard, graphics card or CPU.
How are you connecting to the internet?
Are you using a private connection or one provided by a company or education facility or simular?
Do you have any way to connect to the net in another way?
Like changing between wired and wireless, or using a mobile connection such as trough a cellphone?
What firewall and/or anti virus are you using?

Joolaven

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt this is a problem with your motherboard, graphics card or CPU.
Are you using a private connection or one provided by a company or education facility or simular?
Like changing between wired and wireless, or using a mobile connection such as trough a cellphone?
What firewall and/or anti virus are you using?

I am using a private connection at my home (wired).
I do not have any other way to connect to the net whit this computer.
I use Windows firewall and i use Microsoft Essentials for my anti virus program(i had AVG before and this problem was still there).

But i know that it is not something whit the net in my house because i have tried playing FTB on multiple computers and laptops and my computer is the only one whit this problem.

Joolaven

Jul 29, 2019
I finally fund out what the problem was it was the Audio\Lan card that i got whit my motherboard (ASUS Crosshair V Formula \ Thunder Bolt) i don't know why it was that but that fixed my problem

Thanks for all the help from all of you :D

NEXUS2345

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using a private connection or one provided by a company or education facility or ssimilar
Like changing between wired and wireless, or using a mobile connection such as through a cell phone?
What firewall and/or antivirus are you using?

iceDave

Jul 29, 2019
i fixed the same problem in another way...
i stoped using the FTB_Launcher.exe..
Start using the FTB_Launcher.jar file with a start.bat file.

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw" -Xms1024m -Xmx1024M -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -jar "FTBLauncher.jar"

now everything is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.