[Jampacked II] [Hardcore] Gone World

Should I add some optional secondary quests in the HQM book?

• Of Course!

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • Sure!

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • No.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Terrible Idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I am Kel, and I will be releasing my first public pack to the FTB Launcher, Gone World. This was a Jampacked II entry, and although not nearly on par with the other packs made, I feel it is pretty good for being made in a week. Without further ado, I am proud to present Gone World.

front.png

You have been woken from your slumber. The power in your cyro-cell has run out. Centuries have passed since the massacres of your people, witches and wizards alike, and you had hoped the world would return. It did. Sort of. Nature has retaken the land, and everyone else has left. You must follow. There is nothing left here for you besides the rusted factories. You must leave too, and leave this place to what it is now, Gone World.

>>>>>>>>>WARNING<<<<<<<<<<<<

READ THIS! SERIOUSLY!

Okay. Good. I knew you would end up here either from dying five billion times in a row, or actually reading it beforehand.
This pack is not easy.
You probably will die. A lot.
But I can help lower the number.

Guide:
You cannot craft machines! I mean, some, you may be able to, but the important ones you cannot craft. You have to 'acquire them' from the various abandoned factories throughout the world. And about that, there are deadly turrets that try and kill you, along with mobs that only get stronger over time, and the fact you can't break blocks in the factories until you hack some security stations. Yeah. All that while trying not to die of starvation.
First Steps:

1. Make an agricraft farm.
Seriously.
Food should be top priority. If you ignore this and think, I'll just make stacks of toast, well.... let me just say I put in both hunger overhaul and spice of life. Get a sustainable GOOD food source before doing ANYTHING else. Enjoy!

2. Tools.
Iguana's Tinker Tweaks is part of the pack, so leveling your tools will be difficult.
Here is a recommend course of action:
1. Make a flint pick. (NEI is your friend).
2. Mine cobble and thaumcraft shards until you level it to the next mining level, or if you are lucky enough to get an additional modifier and a mob head, add that.
3. Mine copper and aluminium.
4. Make aluminium brass, and then an ingot and pickaxe head cast with the smeltery you obviously have by now.
5. Make a copper pickaxe head, and trade it with your flint.
6. Mine tin, make bronze.
7. You have some options from there, so I will leave that up to you.

3. Magic
Get a good magic setup going for Botania, Witchery and Thaumcraft.

4. Steam and Air Pressure
Set up Flaxbeards and Pnuematicraft. Use this to refill your steam helmet used for hacking.

5. Raids
Raid some nearby factories by hacking the stations and using your new magical gear to kill things. You CAN break the turrets once the stations have been hacked.
Here is a hacking guide:
http://www.minemaarten.com/wikis/pneumaticcraft-wiki/pneumaticcraft-wiki-security-station-hacking/

Realize that the bigger factories will need more security upgrades to hack.

This may help, but if you want to keep the surprise, although anyone knowledgeable in Pnuematicraft could figure it out, don't open unless you want to.
Adding a block tracker upgrade to your helmet will allow you to hack security stations WIRELESSLY.

6. Automation
Once you have machines, set up automation however you like, then work on making a rocket and getting off the planet.

7. Have Fun
Blow stuff up, automate all the things, build a 9X9, whatever you want. Enjoy!

>>>>>>>>>WARNING<<<<<<<<<<<<

One more thing. When generating terrain, there is a bug where stuff tries to generate in the same spot and crash the game, but it is extremely rare, and can be fixed. If you know how, open up the world in MCEdit, find the chunk where the problem is located(It should be REALLY obvious), and delete the chunks. Then reload them and the issue should be fixed. If not, pm me with the zip of your world in a dropbox link and I will fix it for you, and send it back as soon as I can.(Maybe with some extra goodies in your world! : 3)

And the part you have all been waiting for:

Pack Code: GoneWorld

Made by: Kel and KiLoSah

Also, I am looking for someone to make some better pack art.

Last edited:

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
this is pretty bad no offense might aswell have no hqm book
I must emphasize the fact that this pack was made in five days. I plan on adding updates, but wanted first to get some community recommendations. Currently the HQM book is only there for a brief guide, the one posted on this forum is better, and to give you two of the essential things needed to start in this pack. If you have an tips or ideas on how to make it better, I would love to hear them. The only real goal currently, which was a requirement for Jampacked II, was to have an ending, and for mine it is to get to space. I want to have a more free feel to the pack. I also added a poll about the book as well, feel free to vote. Cherrio!

Edit: The reason I want community recommendations is well, I kinda cannot play the pack. It's a bit annoying to explain.

Last edited:

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
If you guys wanted a series of optional quests, what mods would you want to see them from?

Quazer282

Jul 29, 2019
My only suggestion is maybe add optimization mods (fastcraft,optifine) or others like it

gamermsn

Jul 29, 2019
it won't let me turn in the very first quest so i can't start the mod pack but i did explore the world and found a whole bunch of stuff real close to my spawn

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it will.

Also if you use the Multi Mine blockbreaking the security station can't protect that block so it's very easy to avoid hacking at all.

Hmmm. Well then. I'll have to remove MultiMine, , sadly.

it won't let me turn in the very first quest so i can't start the mod pack but i did explore the world and found a whole bunch of stuff real close to my spawn
Odd. Everything should be set up properly, but just in case try /hqm quest

Cool pack
PS: I absolutely LOVE the pack art ;)
Thanks! Made it myself. ;)

Working on some updates now.

Last edited:

Mudguts13542

Jul 29, 2019
The first quest isn't completeable because you put manual submit and there isnt anything you need to submit. I also suggest adding journeymap.

gamermsn

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm. Well then. I'll have to remove MultiMine, , sadly.

Odd. Everything should be set up properly, but just in case try /hqm quest

no it just said it was it was already active so i don't know what else to do so if you can tell me fast that would be great

Mudguts13542

Jul 29, 2019
So i'm guessing this pack is just not going to continue? I was really looking forward to see what this was made into :/