J.A.M. - New 1.7.10 Modpack Idea

Great_Sphinx

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I am currently creating a modpack for 1.7.10 but I would love some help from the community in creating it and getting it onto a server. J.A.M. stands for Just Another Modpack by the way. I'm creating this modpack because I could never find a balanced modpack that fit my play style. So my goal with J.A.M. is to create a modpack that incorporates Tech, Magic, Aesthetic, Exploration, and mods that bring a unique idea to Minecraft. So here is why I'm posting this thread:

A) I'm a rookie modpack creator and would love to have some help working on this project
B) Also for mod suggestions. (There will be a link to a list of mods I'm currently have installed.)
C) Looking for members that would want to join or help start up a server running J.A.M.

Mod list: http://pastebin.com/srcFg8V3

Thank you for reading and all comments are appreciated!!

Reactions: Orien

Justim

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you could add some food mods like Pams Harvestcraft, Spice of Life, Growthcraft and Hungeroverhaul. I really like the combination of those because it makes food more interesting and you have a lot of tweaking possibility to make early game more focused on getting food and survive.
I would also suggest Railcraft. Even if you dont use the railstuff or the boilers it has so many nice building blocks, which are imho better than the blocks from Chisel.
Logistics Pipes would be a nice alternative to AE2 because some people really dont like the mod

Reactions: Orien

Great_Sphinx

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you could add some food mods like Pams Harvestcraft, Spice of Life, Growthcraft and Hungeroverhaul. I really like the combination of those because it makes food more interesting and you have a lot of tweaking possibility to make early game more focused on getting food and survive.
I would also suggest Railcraft. Even if you dont use the railstuff or the boilers it has so many nice building blocks, which are imho better than the blocks from Chisel.
Logistics Pipes would be a nice alternative to AE2 because some people really dont like the mod
Thank you for your input and I already have plans to add Railcraft and Logistic Pipes. I'm just waiting on them to update to 1.7.10. Also I really like the idea with the foods to make early game a bit tougher. I will see what I can do about that.

Orien

Jul 29, 2019
I think you've got a good start on j.a.m. If you need any tips feel free to pm me. If you want to change recipes I recommend using crafting manager since it's much easier than mine tweaker to use. Also using Quadrum to add your own items also can help with balancing. Have fun!

DrSoda

Jul 29, 2019
If you want any graphics, let me know.

Also, mod suggestions:
Maybe BluePower instead of Project Red (comes down more to personal preference)
Ztones adds really cool blocks