I've made a site to help share Buildcraft Blueprints. Enjoy.

Would you enjoy/use such a site?

• Yes

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • Maybe, I don't see particular benefits to it.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JunkyPic

Jul 29, 2019
I've made this site partially for practice, partially because I enjoy playing FTB. Let's get a few obvious questions out of the way:

• Q: What is this site about?
  • A: It's a site dedicated towards the sharing of blueprints. Blueprints come from a mod called Buildcraft. If you don't know what a blueprint is or how to use one, have a look here. Anybody can upload or download blueprints, there's no number of times you can download a blueprint or blueprints in general. There's no number of times you can upload a blueprint(although that would be pretty redundant) or blueprints in general.
  • Q: Ok, cool, what's the address?
  • Q: Do I need an account to use the site?
  • A: Not at all. You can use 90% of the site without ever creating an account. There are some perks that are offered only to registered users, such as the ability to remove/edit his/hers blueprints.
  • Q: Nice site you got here, but it seems a little...minimalistic.
  • A: Yes, and I intend to keep it that way. It's simple, it's useful, it gets the job done with minimal headache.
  • Q: There are only a few blueprints there, your site sucks. Why aren't there any more?
  • A: Well no kidding, the content is user generated. As you read this, you're browsing a user generated content driven website, and it seems to be quite an interesting website. If you like the idea, upload a blueprint and tell a friend(about the site I mean, not that you uploaded a blueprint).
  • Q: I found a bug, who do I tell?
  • A: You can gimme a private message or leave it in the comments.
  • Q: Can I upload other types of files too(like CC scripts, etc)?
  • A: Not at the moment, in the future, maybe.
  • Q: How can I find a blueprint that I created on my PC?
Here are some sample pics of how it looks if you wanna see without going to the address:

YdoCB4U.png

YZ0Y9C0.png

kWeUEG2.png

About privacy:

The site uses https, anything you do on this site is on a secured connection.
Random things:

The site doesn't have any ads, nor will it ever have.

Depending on the load it may be a little slow, it's still on the "testing" list. If needs be, upgrades will come.

I do expect some bugs here and there.

Again, if you like the idea of the site, upload a blueprint, get some content going.

I'll stalk the comments and answer any questions that may come up.

Last edited:

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda feel dumb for asking this but ... what is the process of identifying a blueprint in your file system? Or is it too obvious to mention? I've never used one. None of my buildings are typically worth copying. :oops:

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
This is pretty much the best idea I've seen on the forums. I'll be using this frequently. *Bookmarks page*

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
wait? wasn't there also some mention of adding more compatibility for what builders can use in the future?
I can see some amazing stuff if cc could copy it directly from this site to the builder.
But that is just me thinking too much with code.

The site looks good, I might end up using it but I normally don't like to copy builds

JunkyPic

Jul 29, 2019
@lenscas I've had word with asiekierka (Buildcraft dev) he may have suggested that, if and the if is strong here, he gets the time he may implement a way to download the blueprints directly from the site, while either in game or via plugin or something. So you could basically browse the blueprints while in FTB and download whatever you wish.

As for the CC part, it's debatable if it's even do-able, I don't have the necessary java/lua knowledge to answer that, but it does sound pretty damn cool.