I've been away a while

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played Minecraft since early August. The last big thing that happened was TE4 being released. What's new since then? Any notable new mods updates or packs? Any modders "quit"? RedPower 3 released? What has gone on?

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Is his a good or bad thing?
Bad. Not that Microsoft did anything, but that a bunch of modders knee-jerked and ragequit (most notably cpw, in his case out of dislike of Microsoft).

On an unrelated note, Vazkii and mDiyo quit modding but are still play and are active in the community. Meanwhile Elofoot Eloraam is now, instead of making RP3, making her own game. It looks pretty, but don't expect it until a few months after XyCraft or HL3 (can't use EE3 anymore because supposedly that's nearly on ForgeCraft).

Reactions: Mevansuto

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
vazkii quit too? I missed that announcement...with Botania being so new to the scene I find this surprising (well maybe not too surprising considering who we are talking about) and disappointing because even though I was skeptical at first I think its not half bad... But the departure announcement on vazkii's blog is all crossed out as if he changed his mind. Who knows! Mithion of Ars Magica 2 left and that right there is a good reason for me not to bother with AM2 this time around, since its probably still got bugs from the 1.6.4 transition. But in all honesty, AM2 kinda sucked so...cest la vie.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
vazkii quit too? I missed that announcement...with Botania being so new to the scene I find this surprising (well maybe not too surprising considering who we are talking about) and disappointing because even though I was skeptical at first I think its not half bad... But the departure announcement on vazkii's blog is all crossed out as if she changed her mind. Who knows! Mithion of Ars Magica 2 left and that right there is a good reason for me not to bother with AM2 this time around, since its probably still got bugs from the 1.6.4 transition. But in all honesty, AM2 kinda sucked so...cest la vie.

Anyway mevan a whole bunch of stuff has happened

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
The DW20 pack for 1.7.x will tentatively hopefully be out by the end of Oct, but if I understand the little I've heard correctly, a forge bug broke biome generation & the fix broke compatibility with all the things, so expect delays. In the mean time, everyone seems to be playing either Crash Landing or Material Energy ^3. I'm in the ME^3 camp. I would happily trade all the metallurgy ores for my TiCo aoe tools. Now that Gendustry exists, I will never use forestry without it, but it may not be enough to keep forestry in the next pack. Minechem, on the other hand, is unexpectedly cool & may get added to the next pack.

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
The biggest thing ever happened.... I started deving the backwoods mod.

Sent from my flux armor using the tappatalk app from the flux store

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The DW20 pack for 1.7.x will tentatively hopefully be out by the end of Oct, but if I understand the little I've heard correctly, a forge bug broke biome generation & the fix broke compatibility with all the things, so expect delays. In the mean time, everyone seems to be playing either Crash Landing or Material Energy ^3. I'm in the ME^3 camp. I would happily trade all the metallurgy ores for my TiCo aoe tools. Now that Gendustry exists, I will never use forestry without it, but it may not be enough to keep forestry in the next pack. Minechem, on the other hand, is unexpectedly cool & may get added to the next pack.
Don't forget Running Red 1/2

Also, Purplementat's patron server switched to playing PhoenixCraft

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
AE2 entered its second stage of revisions.
Peoples' avatars entered "Halloween Mode".
mDiyofoot is under suspicion of trolling, or being a temporary jerk.
The forum has been updated a bit.
TUG, manual launcher-ness, etcetera.
Vazkii quit and semi-returned to modding within two(?) days.
Journeymap got a biggish update.
Mystcraft was released for 1.7.10.
Reika's mods are now in 1.7.X.
A few mods are now in 1.8...?

For more, you could go to http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/whats-new-in-modded-minecraft-today.39595/

Oh, and there's this new team. I forgot what it's called, but apparently they're doing stuff.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Rumours of an official "FTB Ultimate II" pack- complete with GregTech.
Anime avatar people attempted a coup of the forum.
Recent update split the Reply and Quote functions into separate buttons though the dual functionality worked perfectly fine.
Something about forum Sigs getting smacked with the nerfbat.
Unofficial modpack/mappack contest.