Itty bitty Apiary problem...

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
So I dabbled a bit with Forestry's bees a few versions back with the Direwolf20 pack, but never got too involved with it, since it felt more like a chore.
However, come the upgrade to v5.01 and my practically doing everything else, I figured "Why not get the top-tier bee of every branch?"

Except now I have a very small problem to contend with...

My home/base is situated in an Autumn Woods biome, courtesy of ExtraBiomesXL. It used to be that it counted as a Plains biome with normal temperature and humidity, and it still kind of does...except every time the game starts up, all Apiaries with queens in them will complain of "Hostile environments" despite the fact that they're able to handle it.

To the point that a bee with 1 step tolerances to both degrees from normal still refuses to work in a "hostile" environment.

Now, I said it still kind of does work as a normal/normal biome, but that involves breaking and replacing the apiary block itself. With multiple apiaries filled with Proven Frames, this is not a very practical and a very temporary solution, especially not with the scale of bee production I intended to start.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
This is mostly likey a bug with forestry not recognising the EBXL biomes/climate.
Its not every biome- my bees work fine in a pine forest.​
A better tempory solution would involve moving all your apaires to a different biome, and chunkload+myst portal the area for access.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
This is pretty much par for course with extra biomes, unfortunately. The new biomes just don't seem to play well with other mods... sometimes things work, sometimes they don't. It's erratic. I've disabled extra biomes for the moment, which makes me sad because I love the red mountains and autumnal forests.