Open Items momentarily disappearing when shift-right clicking to place them.

Senjin the Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Items momentarily disappearing when shift-right clicking to place them.

Pack Version 1.1.3

What is the bug? Items disappear momentarily when trying to place them in-world with shift-right click. This only happens on tile entities. Eg, placing a hopper on the tinker's furnace controller or a hopper on a chest or a item relay on a chest. The item disappears on placement and then either re-appears in my inventory if I click and sort a bit. Or it appears in-world but with the wrong rotation, eg not connecting to whatever I was connecting it to, but rotated so it's connecting to a wall etc.

Mod & Version Different mods, even vanilla items. (hoppers and chests)
Happens to me in 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 of the pack.

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/ed22e57a

Is it repeatable? Yes

Known Fix Removing the tile entity I try to place something on and replace it with dirt or cobble or similar. Then placing the hopper or relay against the cobble/dirt. Removing the cobble/dirt and placing the appropriate tile-entity back so it's connected to that instead. You get creative building your logic in reverse order to get things all connected.

Senjin the Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
Right clicking terrasteel on a activated beacon (with pylons) to call the Gaia Guardian doesn't work either. Perhaps it's related. I made a seperate post/report for that.

C

choekstr

This is a iron backpack issue when you are wearing the iron backpack. Remove the iron backpack from your back and it doesn't occur. Dire went over this in his episode this morning and claimed it would be fixed in the next update to iron backpacks.

You can see me having this issue as well in my Direwolf20 LP and one of my subscribers, MrJeridan, pointed it out in the comments:

Last edited:

Senjin the Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
This is a iron backpack issue when you are wearing the iron backpack. Remove the iron backpack from your back and it doesn't occur. Dire went over this in his episode this morning and claimed it would be fixed in the next update to iron backpacks.

You can see me having this issue as well in my Direwolf20 LP and one of my subscribers, MrJeridan, pointed it out in the comments:

Thanks for your solution. I kinda forgot to close the issue here. I posted a seperate thread because right clicking with ingots to spawn the gaia guardian didn't work either. And I found out that it was indeed the backpack which I had forgotten I was still wearing that was causing the issue. Just having it in my inventory instead of equipped, solved both that and this issue.