Item ban/restrict plugins

Vanroden

Jul 29, 2019
So i have been running ftb servers for a bit now, and i have experimented with a few item ban/restrict plugins and i feel they are all missing certain features or things dont work right all the time, And i was wondering what some people on here use, ive tried TekkitCustomizer which is what i use most of the time, Itemban, Banitem, ItemRestrict, but i am unsatisfied with them, Anyone know some other good plugins, also i should add im looking for one to use on a DW20 1.6 server

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
What feature(s) are you seeking for that the listed plugins don't provide?

I use NoItem, and has been the only plugin I've used that does what it does. It's permission node based which works great with PEX (and assuming other permission plugins) and its feature that allows negative permissions. This allows automatic assignment of unbanning items for players who earned access to them.

I'm also waiting for WorldGuard or *hopefully* MyTown to allow for region based permission node assigning, which will allow me to control who can possess what items where (IE, spawn).

Vanroden

Jul 29, 2019
Well Itemrestrict blocks stuff like minium stone from being used in the world but some other stuff doesnt work well, Tekkitcustomizer lacks ingame commands such as an ingame banlist and some items bypass it, Also it would be nice if the item ban plugin accounted for mod added crafting devices, Because they can be used to bypass crafting bans. uhm and really, I mostly would just like a plugin thats recently updated and works well[DOUBLEPOST=1393288988][/DOUBLEPOST]For noitem would you recomment the most recent version or the 1.6.2 version for use on DW20 1.6

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
NoItem handles various types of permission nodes for items, such as nocraft, nouse, nohold, nopickup, etc. This way, even if someone utilized, say, their Applied Energistics network to craft an item, they won't be able to hold it, use it, whatever.

I'm using 1.6.2, but the latest may work. Haven't tried, but I should.

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
NoItem handles various types of permission nodes for items, such as nocraft, nouse, nohold, nopickup, etc. This way, even if someone utilized, say, their Applied Energistics network to craft an item, they won't be able to hold it, use it, whatever.

I'm using 1.6.2, but the latest may work. Haven't tried, but I should.

You may want to look into zPermissions, it allows the setting of permission nodes which apply only in a certain WorldGuard region, and has been my favourite perm plugin for a while now.

I personally use WorldGuard's blacklist feature. It's one shortcoming is the way multiworld blacklisting works. I want to have one global blacklist which applies to all dimensions, and then each dimension should have a short blacklist which adds or subtracts checks from the global blacklist. In the end I just made a PERL script which parses global and per-world files as I described, and outputs the resulting blacklists into the WorldGuard folder. MystCraft world blacklists are pre-generated up to DIM_MYST1000, so when players generate a new age it is already protected. The benefit is I can make one small change to the global blacklist, run the script, and all of the (100s of) blacklist files which inherit this list are immediately updated.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
I use tekkitcustomizer, it let's you ban items even keep people from picking things up that you don't like, also can lock items out of a certain world too.

Strubinator

Jul 29, 2019
What feature(s) are you seeking for that the listed plugins don't provide?

I use NoItem, and has been the only plugin I've used that does what it does. It's permission node based which works great with PEX (and assuming other permission plugins) and its feature that allows negative permissions. This allows automatic assignment of unbanning items for players who earned access to them.

I'm also waiting for WorldGuard or *hopefully* MyTown to allow for region based permission node assigning, which will allow me to control who can possess what items where (IE, spawn).
The residence addon Residence Protect allows region based permission node assigning, but for some reason it doesnt work when a player teleports into a region, only when they walk into it. Still incredibly usefull if you dont want players using certain items near spawn for example.

Reactions: GinGin

Lurgen

Jul 29, 2019
I just use PEX for this sort of thing. Essentials does something similar, as does Grief Prevention but PEX has proven itself to be the most reliable answer for me so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD