Issues with Storage Drawers in 1.12.2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
X

Xenulus

Has anyone else been dealing with bugs with storage drawers in 1.12? I have a farm set up to export items into a drawer controller but half the items either refuse to go or take ages to move, even with resonant servos and impulse itemducts. Every group of drawers always has one phantom item appears in one of them and won't go away no matter what. Items can't be placed in any slot the phantom item appears in. Example, 8 drawers are all locked with no items in them, but one drawer will suddenly display a range addon (from industrial foregoing) yet show that the drawer is empty, yet nothing can be placed in it.

Kind of ranting, but has anyone else been dealing with just annoying stuff like this in 1.12? My quarry system is breaking due to this. Items won't export despite there being room for them because the drawer controller won't let them in. Breaking and replacing doesn't fix it, nor does making a completely new controller. Quartz and soul sand refuse to enter the system ever since Rutile ore became the "phantom" item in one of the empty, and locked, drawers.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not playing 1.12 yet, but a workaround might be to ditch the controller and just run ducts along the back of the drawer wall, like we used to do with old school barrel walls. Maybe keep the controller for single point extraction, unless that gives you issues as well.

X

Xenulus

I just tested without any controller at all, with itemducts going into each drawer. This bug still happens. I guess I'm less concerned about the bug because I've been dealing with it, and others, for so long but it just seems like no one but me has experienced it yet.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
I actually have the same problem with a small power farm I got going.
The items in my Fraction Still dont get exported into the drawer, which did work before.
Not quite sure what is going on but i think theres a annoying bug at the moment, im waiting for a update myself.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Drawer Controllers have a way of looking at inventories then pretending that it has all these inventories within itself for purposes of interaction. However, the way TD does things is different than how Storage Drawers does things, and can cause issues.

Simple solution: Hook up drawers to Refined Storage/AE2 instead, and pipe everything into an Interface for sorting.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
If you're only using the drawers as storage (ie not with ae2/refined storage) then you could pipe all your input into a vanilla hopper pointing into the drawer controller.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If you're only using the drawers as storage (ie not with ae2/refined storage) then you could pipe all your input into a vanilla hopper pointing into the drawer controller.
A valid workaround for some uses, but it should be noted that the Vanilla Hopper has throughput issues if things are coming in fast, such as from a quarry.

Reactions: SolManX

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
A valid workaround for some uses, but it should be noted that the Vanilla Hopper has throughput issues if things are coming in fast, such as from a quarry.
Yeah, that's true. A buffer chest might help with that a bit.

X

Xenulus

Drawer Controllers have a way of looking at inventories then pretending that it has all these inventories within itself for purposes of interaction. However, the way TD does things is different than how Storage Drawers does things, and can cause issues.

Simple solution: Hook up drawers to Refined Storage/AE2 instead, and pipe everything into an Interface for sorting.
I'm having my own issues with using AE2 now, as I've completely ditched storage drawers. It's creating a lot of problems that I think just need to be ironed out in the next update. I'm going to make a new topic about this, as I want to take cobblestone from my quarry and directly put it into a black hole unit (industrial foregoing) without it touching my ME system, while everything else goes into the ME system. But import buses don't have blacklists, for some reason beyond me as they don't accept inverter cards, so I can't prevent cobble from entering the system. With so much cobble being imported, then instantly exported into the black hole unit it is creating a lot of lag. I still don't know what purpose interfaces serve other than being a place to hold autocrafting recipes, so that could be something I look into more.

But thanks for your guys' input. I just haven't seen anyone post much about storage drawers in 1.12 so it was really bothering me that it seemed like I was the only one having issues and there were no solutions to it. Never had problems in 1.10, so heres hoping it gets updated in the near future.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If you wanted to sort your quarry loot before it enters your ME system, I recommend a buffer chest. You can use a blacklisted Retriever (or Filter of you have a servo pushing) on ME Interface to pull everything you want in, while not allowing the bits you blacklist. Another Retriever (or Filter) can whitelist your bulk storage, keeping it away from your drives.

X

Xenulus

If you wanted to sort your quarry loot before it enters your ME system, I recommend a buffer chest. You can use a blacklisted Retriever (or Filter of you have a servo pushing) on ME Interface to pull everything you want in, while not allowing the bits you blacklist. Another Retriever (or Filter) can whitelist your bulk storage, keeping it away from your drives.
I was trying to avoid a buffer chest, but I might have to resort to it. I was trying to use the speed at which import buses could extract items from chests to put into the black hole unit, but the buses, even when powered, can't export from a non-ME system inventory and deposit into another non-ME inventory without first going into the system itself. Resonant servos and impulse itemducts aren't quite fast enough so I might just have to deal with the lesser speed as is. I would prefer a faster itemduct/servo than the new redstone relays, but thats just me, lol.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If a single Servo isn't fast enough to keep up, try adding more (if you have the space). Each one should reach it's max throughput independently, which can move significantly more materials than one alone. This is, of course, if you are certain your storage can keep up.