Issues With Shaders Mod Wtih Monster Pack

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Increase the amount of RAM you're using until it stops crashing. You have 2 GB assigned, try 4 GB and go from there.

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
Well then, Upped it to 4 Gigs, Works fine, But im only getting 2 FPS xD when i normally get 170 something.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Well then, Upped it to 4 Gigs, Works fine, But im only getting 2 FPS xD when i normally get 170 something.

Shaders are a huge strain on a system. Unless you have a really beefy pc you will have issues. Do you have optifine installed? It is needed afaik if using shaders but because of compatibility issues I don't recommend it.

Reactions: Tristam Izumi

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
Well no i am not using Optifine because it does not Work with the Monster pack because FTB decides they like to put mods in there packs that don't like Optifine. And im having HUGE lag issues ( I always Run Shaders with around 100+ FPS ) but now, Most likely because i am not using Optifine, It is not working nicely... FTB has fallen...

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Well no i am not using Optifine because it does not Work with the Monster pack because FTB decides they like to put mods in there packs that don't like Optifine. And im having HUGE lag issues ( I always Run Shaders with around 100+ FPS ) but now, Most likely because i am not using Optifine, It is not working nicely... FTB has fallen...

It is not an FTB problem it is because optifine is buggy as hell and does not work properly. I am not sure but I believe that mod devs have asked the author to re-write the mod but has so far refused to do so.

Reactions: Wagon153

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
It is not an FTB problem it is because optifine is buggy as hell and does not work properly. I am not sure but I believe that mod devs have asked the author to re-write the mod but has so far refused to do so.
Aye. FTB and several mod authors have contacted Optifine's author a few times, requesting fixes. Unfortunately, he's been very uncooperative.

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
Well i doubt it will help, But i am going to contact him and see if people personally contacting him will help in any way, If not, At least i tried :/

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Well i doubt it will help, But i am going to contact him and see if people personally contacting him will help in any way, If not, At least i tried :/
Supposedly there's a new "D" series of Optifine that's been recoded, so it's worth giving it a shot.