Issue with Thermal Expansion Energy Cells

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jayrey

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guy, I've used Thermal Expansion Energy Cells hundreds of times before and never had an issue, so I don't know if I'm experiencing a bug or a new change but...I have my hardened energy cell at the end of a row of machines that are powered by an 8x lava generator (from extra utilities), as a sort of buffer for all the energy im creating, however, I have the bottom as the input, which is fine, and the back as the output, the hope is that the cell will keep my machines powered, and as it loses power the generator will top it back up, but that is not what is happening.
Instead it seems that it will only receive or send power and I can't seem to have it do both, it just does one or the other, any advice you can offer me? By the way my cell/machines are connected with EnderIO's energy conduits, just the basic ones.

Douxo

Jul 29, 2019
Had similar problem. If you place a the cabling again. Does it work for a while?
I had problems because the line crossed in to another chunk, and for some reason if I didn't chunk load the whole area, the way it re loaded when I would come back to base would cause it to freeze.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Are there any redstone signals turning things on and off nearby? TE energy cells are responsive to redstone signal unless told otherwise. You can shut off energy input and output with redstone signal if you aren't careful.

Reactions: KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Is the cell closer to your generators than your machines? The Machines may be sucking up all the power for themselves. Or pulling more power than the cell can take in. Buffers only work if there's more power being generated than used.

Jayrey

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I didn't reply for a while I've been sick, I found the issue though, I had a single piece of cable extending beyond the energy cell which wasn't connected to anything, which apparently stopped it working, not sure why though, anybody know why this would cause issues?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
That's queer, hm...maybe its having an issue with filling the cable's buffer? If memory serves, TE conduits have their own internal buffer.