Windows .exe Issue with downloading the packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravnoc

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem when downloading file packs of any sort.. It mainly has to do with the host the file is currently on i think, I'm not 100% sure. My internet isn't great but I'm suppose to get 400kbs dsl quality like internet(I cant get better where I live.) Ive watched every pack downloaded through the launcher since early on. There was a post about how to get things working along with a application through firefox with downloadthemall or something to that sort that did work awhile ago. From watching my launcher application i have found the direct link to download the mods for the file and from that, been able to use it to directly download the mod information up to this point. Then i would restart the launcher an continue on an play. Obviously that was a change, since you have it now to just say downloading mod pack, etc. but now i cant download the updated mod pack at all. From what i notice the file hosting site stop at 10mins. I start downloading which downloads around approx 25kbs (which is extremely lower than my internet) at 10mins it stops downloading the 38mb file an goes to download the rest an then says error, an the information is gone. I don't get to restart the application download at the data% that had all ready downloaded or anything like a normal download from most sites are. (like the downloadthemall addon will do)

I'm on windows 7, with the launcher exe. Im not useing anti-virus when trying to download.
ftb pack is mindcrack that id like to get working.
With direct link download to file host i was able to download an update the mods successfully before now. It works an runs from launcher fully if i click no to updating using the older mods.

Is there anyway i can get updating to correctly work? I can get the mods from elsewhere an i can even take my computer physically to another connection to update, but that's rather extreme for every mod tweak or bug fix that will happen in the future. I have seen many different posts around in the forums an the like with this same issue of downloading error. Every time the only solution I have seen is, its your internet. Ive been able to play mmos an download large files from everything but this. Is there any options on this issue i can try? Help would be appreciated.

Ravnoc

Status
Not open for further replies.