Isn't thaumcraft in FTB?

joaopada

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there. I have always thought that thaumcraft was in FTB, but when I search either on NEI or the creative menu, I can't find Vis shards, wand of apprentice, well, all the items that make part of thaumcraft. Isn't it included?

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
It is included as long as you are using the magic pack, the Mindcrack pack or the DW20 pack.

The thing with TC is that you have to research the items in order to make them. To get started all you need to do is make a basic wand (gold nugget, stick, any shard in a diagonal up), then right click on a bookshelf with it to get the Thauminimicon, that will help you get started and is the main item used to help you.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. FTB is 1.4.2, I think. Thaumcraft 3 was 1.4.5. It is in the Magic World FTB pack and the Direwoof20 pack (and maybe some others) but not the regular FTB one.

joaopada

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. FTB is 1.4.2, I think. Thaumcraft 3 was 1.4.5. It is in the Magic World FTB pack and the Direwoof20 pack (and maybe some others) but not the regular FTB one.
Oh, I was using the default one :(

Ok, this explains everything! I was using this...

http://imgur.com/Cokkg

The one that it's highlighted.[DOUBLEPOST=1356891745][/DOUBLEPOST]

So the Magic world is the same as say, default FTB pack but with Thaumcraft? Which extra mods does it add?

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
Magic world is missing alot of the more tech mods like IC2.

You can, and should, switch to either the Mindcrack pack or the DW20 pack. The Beta pack isn't going to be updated and might be removed when they add the ultimate and tech packs.

joaopada

Jul 29, 2019
Magic world is missing alot of the more tech mods like IC2.

You can, and should, switch to either the Mindcrack pack or the DW20 pack. The Beta pack isn't going to be updated and might be removed when they add the ultimate and tech packs.

Hm, which one do you suggest me? I really have no idea :p Keep in mind my pc isn't great (it's actually a mac, soo). Thank you!

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying Magic World as it is a departure from my regular IC2 setup. I like the change, personally. Just wish it was 1.4.6 so that I could have Redpower as I like having basalt, marble, gems for tools, etc...

I've never delved into the other Redpower stuff but I'm pretty new to Minecraft.

joaopada

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying Magic World as it is a departure from my regular IC2 setup. I like the change, personally. Just wish it was 1.4.6 so that I could have Redpower as I like having basalt, marble, gems for tools, etc...

I've never delved into the other Redpower stuff but I'm pretty new to Minecraft.

But I really like dat macerator... It's so awesome! And it's really technical, which i like :)

I just can't decide between Mindcrack or DW20 pack...

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried the Direwolf20 pack, too, with IC2 (and several others) disabled and really enjoyed it but it's just too buggy right now... Or was, at least, the last time I played it.[DOUBLEPOST=1356893012][/DOUBLEPOST]
But I really like dat macerator... It's so awesome! And it's really technical, which i like :)

I just can't decide between Mindcrack or DW20 pack...

I love the macerator. Thermal Expansion (I think) has the Pulverizer, though. Very similar and I don't need a rubber tree plantation.

Anyway, nothing (at all) against IndustrialCraft. I just like switching things up.

Squidgen

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it mostly depends on if you want gregtech. Mindcrack has it, DW20 dos'nt. There are also a few minor differences, but I can't recall them off the top of my head.

joaopada

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried the Direwolf20 pack, too, with IC2 (and several others) disabled and really enjoyed it but it's just too buggy right now... Or was, at least, the last time I played it.[DOUBLEPOST=1356893012][/DOUBLEPOST]

I love the macerator. Thermal Expansion (I think) has the Pulverizer, though. Very similar and I don't need a rubber tree plantation.

Anyway, nothing (at all) against IndustrialCraft. I just like switching things up.

I am just going to try to add the Thaumcraft into the regular FTB pack. The best of both worlds!

EDIT: Just realized that there's no Thaumcraft for 1.4.2 :x

Well, I guess i'll play with the Mindcrack one, because i am going to be watching etho's vids, and that way I can do pretty much everything he does. Thank you everyone!