Is this clever or not?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

phantomcraft

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a generator hooked up to a recycler, cobblestone gets input to the recycler, it makes scrap. Scrap goes to the generator to make energy. Is this good or not? Please tell me more efficient ways if possible

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Do you know whats clever?

Someone switches a blue stone for an ordinary stone, then a man with 27 brains switches it back.

That's clever.

Saving Earth from being mined.

That's clever.

Eating Jelly Babies

That's clever.

Your design, is a bit common, I'd say.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
What the two above posters mean to say is: they've discovered this loop before you did, and thus feel inherently superior to you.

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
Judging ones cleverness based on the opinions of others, who may or may not be more clever, is a fools errand. If the system runs, and is self sustaining(stop breaking the laws of thermodynamics!), then use it and feel proud.

You do not need and should not desire the approval of the internet, that is also a fools errand.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
No, I was just complimenting him for being able to figure it out. It takes a lot of thinking for that. I also did help by suggesting the Overclocker method. I actually only figured it out when I was reading a thread a while back, and so suggested the Overclocker Idea. I, myself, didn't figure it out. I found the post somewhere. Anyway, now that my explanation is gone?
Here:
Overclockers raise the power intake by 30%. The default power need is one. THe number is rounded down back to one after the percentage application, and therefore you have faster recycling with the same power usage.