Is there FTB Ultimate for 1.5.2?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lohfiuoav

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys! Just a really noob kinda question. I've just been watching FTB vids and i decided that i wanted to get the mod pack. So before i try anything, just for confirmation, is there an FTB ultimate for minecraft 1.5.2 or 1.6 (whatever is the latest)? Because i think ive got 1.5.2 and if theres no FTB ultimate for 1.6.x, then i wont upgrade.

so what is the latest minecraft version that there is FTB Ultimate for? is it 1.5.2? 1.6? or is it still at 1.4.7? If it is at 1.4.7, then how do i get it for 1.5.2?

Thanks,
Loh

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Ultimate is 1.4.7, 1.5.2 version is called Unleashed. It's similar, but has some differences.

Lord Wumbo

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Ultimate is locked and will not update at all until RedPower 2 updates.

Last RedPower update on Eloraam's blog was dated December 26, 2012. Which is quite some time ago.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Ultimate is locked and will not update at all until RedPower 2 updates.

Last RedPower update on Eloraam's blog was dated December 26, 2012. Which is quite some time ago.
FTB Ultimate will not update either way, even if RedPower updates

Reactions: PierceSG

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
What do people do that dont want to upgrade to Unleashed? Will we still be able to keep launching Ultimate from the FTB platform? My buddy who owns the server doesnt like upgrading, and we all dont want to lose redpower so I dont see us moving up any time soon.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
What do people do that dont want to upgrade to Unleashed? Will we still be able to keep launching Ultimate from the FTB platform? My buddy who owns the server doesnt like upgrading, and we all dont want to lose redpower so I dont see us moving up any time soon.

You could take out Redpower and download all the new mods, use Unleashed and try to make it work with the world, or stay where you are now. I think..

Reactions: zorn

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
The ultimate pack is not going away any time soon, it just will be forever stuck at minecraft 1.4.7 and will not receive any mod updates. So you should be safe to continue playing your world until you are ready to get rid of it and upgrade. As it is not possible to keep your world after upgrading to one of the new packs.

Reactions: zorn

Lord Wumbo

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get why Ultimate won't ever update again? Wouldn't it be able to update if RedPower 2 updates?

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Massive world shattering changes to mods and the mod line up of course.

Especially since they need to reorder the block/item ids to avoid conflicts with the mods they are adding and to close gaps from mods they are removing.

It has always been long established that with each and every major minecraft update the chances of losing any world based on a modded client will always be high especially for mod packs.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Massive world shattering changes to mods and the mod line up of course.

Especially since they need to reorder the block/item ids to avoid conflicts with the mods they are adding and to close gaps from mods they are removing.

It has always been long established that with each and every major minecraft update the chances of losing any world based on a modded client will always be high especially for mod packs.
But that's not the reason they split them into 2 packs.