Is there any way to convert from MJ to EU?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

the_martines

Jul 29, 2019
Hey. I know it is possible in the opposite direction.

I would like to generate EU from oil. is it possible?

the_martines

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for your reply. I'll stick with the current modpack as I don't want the game to become too easy :)

the_martines

Jul 29, 2019
My initial idea was to generate some easy energy from the redstone engine and convert it into EU, it would be much cheaper to craft than the IC2 infinite energy sources (wind, solar, water etc.)
Would make the game muche easier though.

Bobbels

Jul 29, 2019
if you go for a boiler you could power a steam turbine with it. i think it produces EU.
the boiler could be heated with biofuel or something.
so no direct MJ to EU conversion, but at least it would be nothing but MJ-powered mods before the steam turbine.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
You can generate lava to use in geothermal with magma crucible. Not direct power for power but essentially the same.

Vipersassasin

Jul 29, 2019
I have Blutricity Engines and I am wanting to convert the output (MJ) to a storable EU power for creating a self-sustaining diamond farm. Is there a way to do this?

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I have Blutricity Engines and I am wanting to convert the output (MJ) to a storable EU power for creating a self-sustaining diamond farm. Is there a way to do this?
But why.. this thread is 5 months old. You brought it back from the dead and it just wanted to die.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Same answer as already mentioned in this post, turn the MJ (generated by the BT Kinetic Engine) into lava, and use that lava to make EU.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Same answer as already mentioned in this post, turn the MJ (generated by the BT Kinetic Engine) into lava, and use that lava to make EU.

Converting through lava is ancient technology from a bygone era. The PowerConverters mod offers efficient, resource-light conversion in either direction.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Converting through lava is ancient technology from a bygone era. The PowerConverters mod offers efficient, resource-light conversion in either direction.
Only if you use a pack that has that mod. Personally I like manipulating mods to convert between power types, instead of having a block that "does it". More creative and more challenging.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want to use Power Converters, the mod that never gets mentioned when this topic crops up is Modular Forcefields. The MFFS Extractor can turn MJ into force energy (this does cost Forcicium), then the MFFS Converter can turn force energy into EU.

Bloodfrost

Jul 29, 2019
From the forums there is a lot of... hate? i dont want to say that... but yes.. using the power converters mod is the most efficent and easiest way at this point...
You would have to start with an energy bridge and then use consumers and producers to get what you want out of it. I'd prolly look up the mod spotlight or just figure it out from what i mentioned there =p.