Is there any replicator / Mass Fabricator users here?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you use the Mass Fabricator / Replicator For?

• Gear Construction (Rings, Weapons, Armor)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Resource Construction : Gold, Diamonds, Ore etc

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Duplicate Tools (Duplicate Taglocks from Witchery etc)

• Generate Resources for Power Generation

• Total voters

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
I am experimenting with the mass fabricator and I am wondering if there is any setup of using it, which despite its huge energy requirements, could lead to it being a sustainable self sustaining energy creation tool?

My current setup uses solar panels to power a lava fabricator - to create lava.
Uses a pump to pull in water from a self-restoring water source.
Igneous Extruder uses the lava and water to construct cobblestone - which gets pumped into a recycler
The recycler has a chance to generate scrap, which then gets piped into an auto workbench, which then turns 9 scrap into a scrap box.
This gets piped to the Mass Fabricator giving the occasional boost to efficency (so far - totally automated)

So: The question at this stage can we power the Mass Fabricator with an inital jaunt of power, and then get the Mass Fabricator plus Replicator to self-sustain themselves?

I am currently wondering this:
Can the fuel for a big reactor be generated via Mass Fabricator -> Replicator
And then fed back into the Big Reactor?
While still maintaining a positive energy output?

I havent played with big-reactors, but I heard that they can generate around 27800+ RF per tick?
(Assuming a good setup?)

Since Mass Fabricator requires EU, a RedNet Energy Cable would be required to convert from RF to EU.
1000 RF / 4 = 250 EU per tick
Is there a more efficient RF to EU converter/Transport cable?

Glass Fiber Cable is able to transfer 8000 EU per tick - and when supplied with ample energy, it gets the UU Matter flowing fast.
At 250 EU per tick - UU Matter generation will likely be a snails pace.

I am just wondering if the UU Matter generation would be fast enough to outpace the consumption of the Yellorium Fuel Rod by the big reactor.
(Assuming the fuel rod can be copied - it may not be - but perhaps the ore is)

So - what are you guys using the Mass Fabricator - from IC2 for?
Anyone here managed to find a self-sustaining energy generation combo with it?
I know its unlikely - due to its insane power requirements - Would be interesting to hear what people are using the Mass Fabricator / Replicator for these days.
Is there any resource that the replicator makes for you guys that is 'worth' the energy cost?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I was using it to make iridium.

But then I found the molecular thingummy from advanced solars has a recipe that's cheaper in EU cost, so I gave up on the Mass fab.

Reactions: Master_Builder_800

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
I found the quantum solar panel from Advanced Solar Panels and it basically feels like a cheat device - plop 4 of those babies down and UU Matter shoots out every seconds.

Who needs a big reactor...

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Simple answer is no you can't make a closed loop...

Long answer:

1. An Igneous Extruder doesn't require a supply of lava(or water) to run, one bucket of each in the tank will run forever. It's also stupidly slow for this use. Should be using the Extra Utilities transfer node method, with stacks of World Interaction and Speed Upgrades, and one Stack Upgrade so it moves whole stacks at a time. And rationing pipes into the recyclers so a stack is kept in each at all times.

2. There's no advantage to creating scrap boxes, just pump the scrap straight into the mass fab.

I use 5 fully overclocked(16) recyclers pumping into my mass fab.

3. You'll have to add Yellorium to the (small)list of things the replicator can produce and it'll be up to you to assign it's values so you COULD make it closed loop personally but it certainly won't be what the mod dev intends. The mass fab is an expensive expensive alternative for resource gathering and isn't meant to be easy.

4. Big Reactors can generate a hell of a lot more than 27k RF/t, mines pumping out about 500 000RF/t using 18 turbines.

5. Conversion may be a problem(I know it is in Infinity), the only reasonable may to do huge amounts(once again in Infinity) is lava fabricators using RF and then pumping into generators. Or you could just add the "Power Converters" mod and convert as much as you like.

6. In IC2 Experimental you can put any amount of EU through any cable, the "Enet" isn't complete yet, in fact they're rewriting it to a completely different system yet again.

As for fast... Well I dunno what your configs are but I doubled Nuclear Reactor output and halved UU Matter EU requirement and it was still painfully slow with 2 standard reactors and 2 MOX reactors, which if you've never done IC2 nukes before is a hell of a lot(5000 EU/t). I now have 5 or 6 quantum solars powering the setup as well with all the iridium created being used to make more solars and only now would I say the speed is approaching acceptable. At this speed keeping scrap in the Mass Fab would be almost impossible so view scrap as the occasional boost rather than a constant requirement.

7. Once again neither the ore nor the ingot can be copied unless you add them in the configs, depending what you set this as will determine if a closed loop is possible. Uranium may be able to be copied though, so you could turn that into Yellorium or set Yellorium to the same requirements.

And finally as said before I'm just using the mass fab to create Iridium to make Quantum Solars that are then used to power the mass fab to make iridium to make quantum solars that are then...............

EDIT: If you want to see my setup click on "1.7.10: Infinity Is Nothing" in my signature and go to page 11, "Update 22" is my IC2exp build.

Last edited:

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
Adding a new item to the mass fab list- is this a cfg change, or a compile change?
Do you have an example cfg that could demonstrate how to add it?

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
; Additional initial uu values, a value of 1 equals cobblestone.
; Recipes may cause the final value be lower than the one specified here.
; Format: <name>[@metadata] = <value>
[balance / uu-values / predefined]
IC2:itemOreIridium = 12000

Found this in IC2.ini
Is this where I would define new items I want craftable via replication?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
; Additional initial uu values, a value of 1 equals cobblestone.
; Recipes may cause the final value be lower than the one specified here.
; Format: <name>[@metadata] = <value>
[balance / uu-values / predefined]
IC2:itemOreIridium = 12000

Found this in IC2.ini
Is this where I would define new items I want craftable via replication?

Yes but I've no idea the format

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
Im going to assume that the Iridium one that is there, is a valid entry.
So Obsidian might be:

minecraft:eek:bsidian = 3000

When I get home from work I will test it out

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Im going to assume that the Iridium one that is there, is a valid entry.
So Obsidian might be:

minecraft:eek:bsidian = 3000

When I get home from work I will test it out

I would imagine so yes, the thing I struggled with was getting the item names

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
If it is at all like the /give command
then numerical values might work.
The numerical values are displayed if you have ftb infinity installed.
Eg:
1 = stone
0 = air (although you cannot place this)

If it is a special type of block, then you might see its meta data displayed like
138 <-- Base Block
138:1 <-- Base Block but slightly different

I noticed this structure applies to Natura clouds.
They share the same base number, but Dark Clouds have a 1 etc

So it might be possible to just use the displayed number from the minecraft gui in the config.
I will test it out tonight.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
The issue with using numbers is that if any mod updates, or anything is added or removed all the numbers shuffle around. So your yellorium number could become anything and the system would stop. You'll have to use the items name, and I personally have no clue how to get that.

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently NEI can help with this:

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/127748/how-can-i-export-all-item-ids-metadata-and-names

Not Enough Items can help you create a data dump. Launch your Minecraft, and go into a world. Access your inventory and go into the options (bottom left corner). Go to Block/Item settings, and create the dump by hitting "Dump ID Map Now". The dump will be created at your .minecraft folder. Open the .txt file and it will show you all the blocks loaded at the time of dumping.

You will see something like this:

Block. Name: tile.stone. ID: 1

It does not display metadata.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Another good way that doesn't involve dumping everything is to load up a test world with cheats enabled and give yourself an item via the /give command, using the numerical IDs you see in NEI. Minecraft will complain and give you the string ID that you can then use, while still giving you the item.

Baaleos

Jul 29, 2019
That might be a good way of getting individual entries.
But outputting everything in one go to a text file, then formatting it in an excel - would be very re-usable - you could just have it sitting open on your desktop or on another screen for when you need it.
Never having to log out of the server etc

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
you can also add bspkrsCore to your pack and then run it it should create a new file in the config folder called UniqueNames with all the internal names

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmmm now I can get the names it's time to do some serious maths to work out the UU requirement of a Quantum Solar so I can just create them directly, if it's even possible...