Is there an easy fix for filling this hole with water

unholywar23

Jul 29, 2019
So ya I did something a little dumb and I turned on an MFFS projector and made it evaporate all the water. Problem is I extended the field to far and the hole wont refill with water how can I fix this. Here is a picture of what I did
jwISd.jpg

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Redpower pumps can place water source blocks through a grate, and should refill your ocean fairly quick. If you connect the other end to an aqueous acculumator, or a seperate 3x3 pool (via grate) you can pump infinite water into a space and fill it up.

It'll also fill up any caves in the area, so block off all the entrances, or wall around the area you want to fill (or wait a bit longer).

unholywar23

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower pumps can place water source blocks through a grate, and should refill your ocean fairly quick. If you connect the other end to an aqueous acculumator, or a seperate 3x3 pool (via grate) you can pump infinite water into a space and fill it up.

It'll also fill up any caves in the area, so block off all the entrances, or wall around the area you want to fill (or wait a bit longer).
Ok i treid it but all it does is drop the water straight down it does not help a whole lot unless im doing it wrong. This is how I set it up
L4uvE.jpg

unholywar23

Jul 29, 2019
It'll fill from the bottom first (as you expect water to function). It looks like its going to flood that cave first- so you may want to block it off.

also of the input to your pump is just a grate in the ocean, then all you'll do is cycle water about.
Ok I put it at the bottom
and it seems to stop creating source blocks

unholywar23

Jul 29, 2019
It'll fill from the bottom first (as you expect water to function). It looks like its going to flood that cave first- so you may want to block it off.

also of the input to your pump is just a grate in the ocean, then all you'll do is cycle water about.
Do I have to fill the 1 block drops to make it work..meaning do I have to flatten the land

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to flatten the land, however, it looks like there is an opening to a cave near the pump, just to the left of the skeleton. If so you will want to block it off otherwise the water sources are being moved to down there.

It also looks like you are pumping water from the ocean just next to the hole, you don't want to do that. RP pumps move water sources, so you are effectively going to leave a big dip in the ocean where the water was taken from. You need to use an aqueous accumulator to get an infinite amount of water (I don't know how well an infinite spring would do).

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
There will always be the vanilla way:
1. Make a flat floor one level below the water level.
2. Make sure you make all blocks above into a source block.
3. Remove the floor.

Alternatively, you could use buildcraft/turtles to make the floor, then RP to fill the top layer, and anything that digs to remove the floor.

As said previously, RP only can be done, but it is really dangerous to any caves/holes connected to the area to fill, but in the other hand, you will refill completely the area with source blocks; no more lag induced by flowing water of any kind.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know that about redpower pumps. I always hated the top layer source blocks with everything below flowing down vanilla method!! I can thionk of an old vanilla world I'd like to fix with this trick :)

unholywar23

Jul 29, 2019
There will always be the vanilla way:
1. Make a flat floor one level below the water level.
2. Make sure you make all blocks above into a source block.
3. Remove the floor.

Alternatively, you could use buildcraft/turtles to make the floor, then RP to fill the top layer, and anything that digs to remove the floor.

As said previously, RP only can be done, but it is really dangerous to any caves/holes connected to the area to fill, but in the other hand, you will refill completely the area with source blocks; no more lag induced by flowing water of any kind.
How do you code the turtle to make the land

unholywar23

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to flatten the land, however, it looks like there is an opening to a cave near the pump, just to the left of the skeleton. If so you will want to block it off otherwise the water sources are being moved to down there.

It also looks like you are pumping water from the ocean just next to the hole, you don't want to do that. RP pumps move water sources, so you are effectively going to leave a big dip in the ocean where the water was taken from. You need to use an aqueous accumulator to get an infinite amount of water (I don't know how well an infinite spring would do).
Ok I let it run for about a day and it has not really moved. this is what it looks like
wb4NU.jpg

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
For a turtle to place a bloc bellow, the command is "turtle.placeDown()".
You would also need the command "turtle.forward()" to move it forward and "turtle.turnRight()" to turn to the right (also works with Left).

Aside from that, I don't quite have the time to make you a fully functional program, so if you don't feel like searching on the computercraft forum or doing it yourself, I suggest you let the turtles out of the picture for that one.