Is there an easier way to make...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Creosote Oil?
I have an AE system creating Advanced Rails and I've been waiting about 10 minutes now and it only just now got to the making of the fourth set of Creosote Oil.
Is there something faster?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
yes, making a whole bunch of coke ovens, no joke. if you really need creo oil, it's better to use wooden logs instead of coal, as it's easier to get wood then coal
or you have to go into bee breeding and get to a tarry bee and make a super bee

Reactions: Poppycocks

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
yes, making a whole bunch of coke ovens, no joke. if you really need creo oil, it's better to use wooden logs instead of coal, as it's easier to get wood then coal
or you have to go into bee breeding and get to a tarry bee and make a super bee
Wait........WHAT?!?!?!?! Coal is so(ooooooooo) easy to get and it gives you more oilin less time...

Domicilius

Jul 29, 2019
Wait........WHAT?!?!?!?! Coal is so(ooooooooo) easy to get and it gives you more oilin less time...

Yeah, but you can automate log production incredibly easy, and make a lot more logs than you'll get mining for coal, even with automated mining. In addition, automated tree farming can be monitored very easily indefinitely, whereas automated mining will require travel time eventually. Even if you use automated turtle mining, a patch could break it, or the chunk could error and be unloaded, etc. Logs are just superior, unless you have no farm and don't want one.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but you can automate log production incredibly easy, and make a lot more logs than you'll get mining for coal, even with automated mining. In addition, automated tree farming can be monitored very easily indefinitely, whereas automated mining will require travel time eventually. Even if you use automated turtle mining, a patch could break it, or the chunk could error and be unloaded, etc. Logs are just superior, unless you have no farm and don't want one.
You can also automate coal production, and it is very easy...

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in a test world and am making an everything crafter system.
I'm making something that crafts rails, but the wooden ties take absolutely forever to make.
AE doesn't seem to want to use multiple Coke Ovens for the same recipe.
Is there a way to hook multiple Coke Ovens to the same Recipe?

xBTx

Jul 29, 2019
I'm making something that crafts rails, but the wooden ties take absolutely forever to make.

What method are you using for the first oven?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion would to not try to make it on demand since it is so slow. Make a tank and run a few stacks of coal through your coke oven. The extra heat the coal coke adds is worth the effort in itself and the creosote oil is a bonus. Then use a liquid transposer on the tank to fill empty bottles on request. You will never have to wait long again to make ties. You also get 2 bonuses. The coal coke advantage I already stated, plus you can build a GT generator that will burn creosote oil for 8 EU/t. That is a lot of extra energy from a single piece of coal.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
What method are you using for the first oven?
Interface with 2 coal, one cell makes Creosote Cell.
I put the same recipe on the second interface/coke oven.
But of course, AE doesn't like having more than one way to create stuff.
So I'm trying to figure out how to do more than one coke oven at a time.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

Rather than having multiple interfaces and multiple coke ovens with multiple recipes, have a single interface leading to a pipe leading to your multiple coke ovens.

That'll allow it to use lots of coke ovens for the single recipe

EDIT: thinking on this a bit more, it would be good to send the cells and coal to a diamond pipe seperating them out, cells leading to a tank, coal sending to your coke ovens, then have the oil pumped out of the ovens into the tank. This way you won't be left with random cells everywhere with no oil.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion would to not try to make it on demand since it is so slow. Make a tank and run a few stacks of coal through your coke oven. The extra heat the coal coke adds is worth the effort in itself and the creosote oil is a bonus. Then use a liquid transposer on the tank to fill empty bottles on request. You will never have to wait long again to make ties. You also get 2 bonuses. The coal coke advantage I already stated, plus you can build a GT generator that will burn creosote oil for 8 EU/t. That is a lot of extra energy from a single piece of coal.
It's creative, so I just have a bunch of Solars powering it.
I could just set an export bus on the coke oven and make things easy on myself.
I'll do that!

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
How about the old router trick?

Put the AE bit against a router, that only inserts into coke ovens, rout in wood and cells. On the other end rout out full cells.
I can't put Coke Ovens next to each other, but I can put full chests in between!
Wait.
Will the Router distribute the stuff evenly?
Because I want Four Coke Ovens and the AE set to 8 Coal and 4 Empty Cells make 4 Creosote Cells.
Will the Router dump Two Coal into each and one empty cell into each?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I can't put Coke Ovens next to each other, but I can put full chests in between!
Wait.
Will the Router distribute the stuff evenly?
Because I want Four Coke Ovens and the AE set to 8 Coal and 4 Empty Cells make 4 Creosote Cells.
Will the Router dump Two Coal into each and one empty cell into each?

You can put anything in between. Doesn't have to be full either as you can use a machine filter on the router to make it only visit the selected machines. (although it does cost a diamond and 20 minutes of waiting)
Yes, routers distribute stuff evenly. Unless you use the thoroughness upgrade.
You'll need two routers one to insert coal/logs into slot 0 and a second one to insert empty cells into slot.... 2 I think.

Then two more to suck out coke/charcoal out of slot 1 and creosete oil capsules out of slot 3.

You can use pipes with the me interface to make sure the coal/logs go into router 1 and cells into router 2.