Is there a way to store EU?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I installed TechReborn, it's a GregTech mod sponsored by Greg himself...it doesn't work. Asked for support and they said "NO, update to 1.10". So I'm asking if there's any way to store EU in Infinity Evolved.

T

Techly88

I installed TechReborn, it's a GregTech mod sponsored by Greg himself...it doesn't work. Asked for support and they said "NO, update to 1.10".

Isn't 1.9.4=1.10? As mods are updating to those versions but also leave a 1.9.4 backport since it not much work to do so.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Should have mentioned I'm playing Infinity Evolved. I keep forgetting to do that.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
iirc, IC2's power storage devices are battbox, MFE, MFSU. The power levels are tiered, but I think things are not exploding when you mess up in 1.7.10. I think things do still break if you harvest them with the wrong tool, or look at them funny even with the right tool. I never really liked IC2, and I haven't been able to play a pack with it installed since 1.6.4.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
There are several options, the simplest is as MacAisling stated, the BatBox is very simple to build. Once you have some basic machines going the MFE is a handy block to have as it stores quite a bit of EU. If you build the IC2 Nano armour (which is fairly easy to build) the MFE can recharge it for you.

However, remember that in infinity evolved that Immersive Engineering connectors can convert RF to EU, so you can use Immersive Engineering's LV and HV capacitors which are very cheap and easy to build, store a bunch of RF from a water wheel or wind mill and use them to power your IC2machines with Immersive Engineering's cables.

It also means you don't need to worry about IC2 power cables.

The electric wrench is critical to IC2, setting it to 'lossless' mode will save you from wrecking these machines when moving them.

I personally don't mind IC2, got some great tips on IC2 nuclear reactors and when supplied with a LOT of power and overclockers there's not many machines in the game can crunch
ores and so on as fast. I used to avoid IC2, but be aware that Infinity Evolved will eventually require you to go deep on IC2 to obtain Iridium.

Nuke plants are fun!

-Wuffle!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame