Is there a way to reset the journey map?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
For some reason my old seed's map is bleeding over onto my current one. Just want the map (when I bring it up) to be fresh

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
There should be a journeymap folder in the minecraft instance folder. You might need to delete the folder for your world.

Most of these map mods store the information in a file names after the world or server address.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
mapwriter does the same thing, kind of annoying whenever we switch modpacks or worlds on our server.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
mapwriter does the same thing, kind of annoying whenever we switch modpacks or worlds on our server.
It's even more annoying if you have a server using bungee cord, Journeymap can't quite tell that the other server you are warping to are different.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
There should be a journeymap folder in the minecraft instance folder. You might need to delete the folder for your world.

Most of these map mods store the information in a file names after the world or server address.

Yes, if you delete the folder "Journeymap" inside your modpack folder, it will be re-created when you load up your world. Obviously you will lose all your saved waypoints and all the explored areas will return to "blacked out", but I'm sure that's obvious. You'll just have to re-explore everything.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Mapwriter and journeymap both, iirc, store SMP map data using the server name as a sub folder of their folder in saves.
If you want new maps on the same server you need to rename the server entry.

F

fffaaahhh

press J than go on Actions than on Delete Map... and than you can choose what you delete

Reactions: Shevron