Is there a way to remove hats from mobs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using FTB infinity, and I just found an ultra-fast horse that I want to use (I'm weird like that :p). Trouble is, there's a squid hat stuck to it. I don't want to have to stare at a massive tumour attached to my horse. Since for some reason the modpack doesn't work without the hats mid, is there a way to remove the hat from my horse?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using FTB infinity, and I just found an ultra-fast horse that I want to use (I'm weird like that :p). Trouble is, there's a squid hat stuck to it. I don't want to have to stare at a massive tumour attached to my horse. Since for some reason the modpack doesn't work without the hats mid, is there a way to remove the hat from my horse?
It does work without the hats mod, you just have to remove hat stand as well. As for your actual question, sorry, I have no clue.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Not tested, but try a MFR auto-spawner set to exact copy. It might copy the hat too, but zombies and the like holding inventories don't carry those through, so it's worth a shot. At least if it doesn't work, you didn't kill your horse.

Orbital_Decay

Jul 29, 2019
I don't believe hats are permanent on mobs. Fill a pen full of animals and they will gain/lose hats at random. You could try just leaving the horse somewhere safe and the hat may just disappear on its own.

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
Hats have a chance to be randomly generated every time a mob is loaded so if this is SP just quit and restart and hope it doesn't have a hat anymore

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
You could also press "H" (if still bound to h) and then choose the "Show hats:no" option under "Perzonalise"
if you do not wish to see hats at all.