Is there a way to prevent x-ray texturepacks?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Thats odd, I could have sword there was an option to force clients to use the texture pack the server is set to.

zwahlm14

Jul 29, 2019
as far as i am aware there is no way to force any clients to use a certain texture pack but the server can recommend one because if you put a high res texturepack on your server, you might be able to run it but others might not and they would have to mod their .jar file to join the server so i don't think that forcing a texturepack is ever going to happen withought mods.

zwahlm14

Jul 29, 2019
you have to have a mod like bukit with the right plugins to do that. without bukit it is very hard to automate but you can see if someone is useing a hacker client by making them type all the punctuation marks in the chat individually because hacker clients almost always have some commands that you type in the chat that is only client side and usually starts with a . like the regular commands start with a / so if someone can type a . in chat with no spaces or letters before hand then most likeley they are not using a hacker client however if they can't then they are either playing with you or they are cheating. Note: this might not be 100 percent accurate as it has been a long time since i have looked into this stuff so now it might be different with the client commands, the commands might not be needed anymore and everything is all on buttons i don't know but i do know that the . did at one time and is most likely still used in hacker clients for the commands. Hopefully that all made sense.

Strubinator

Jul 29, 2019
orebfuscator is laggy, but it can prevent xray mod users from hacking. Unfortunately there is no way of stopping people from using texture packs, since minecraft renders all exposed faces. And the server textures option is optional for players, they can choose to not download the texture pack. Best thing to do, get moderators to check up on suspicious players while invisible. It can be pretty obvious some times when a player is using an xray texture pack.

I dont know about bukkitforge compatibility, but some plugins like anticheat can catch hackers sometimes.

Baron

Jul 29, 2019
orebfuscator is laggy, but it can prevent xray mod users from hacking. Unfortunately there is no way of stopping people from using texture packs, since minecraft renders all exposed faces. And the server textures option is optional for players, they can choose to not download the texture pack. Best thing to do, get moderators to check up on suspicious players while invisible. It can be pretty obvious some times when a player is using an xray texture pack.

I dont know about bukkitforge compatibility, but some plugins like anticheat can catch hackers sometimes.
How is Orebfuscator laggy?