Is there a way to make an FTB modpack launchable from default MC launcher?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jazzadellic

Jul 29, 2019
My internet connection was down the other day and I was bummed I couldn't play my FTB infinity sp game because the FTB launcher basically won't even run without an internet connection. I think ideally there would be the ability to use the FTB launcher offline. But barring that, is it possible to simply copy the folders from a mod pack over to your default minecraft directory, without screwing up your vanilla install incase you wanted to load up some other non-FTB game / modpack or whatever?

Praetor_Mooneth

Jul 29, 2019
Make your own modpack.
Otherwise use your mobile phone as an internet hotsopt intil you are loaded and in your world.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
You should be able to create another instance on Mojang's launcher and copy things over. You'll need to install Forge on that instance before moving things, however.

You can also use MultiMC as it's able to sync with your FTB install now, and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing an option for offline play on there. That method would require less work than creating another instance.

Edit: And McJty with the ninja.

Reactions: mattp_12 and McJty

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
My internet connection was down the other day and I was bummed I couldn't play my FTB infinity sp game because the FTB launcher basically won't even run without an internet connection. I think ideally there would be the ability to use the FTB launcher offline. But barring that, is it possible to simply copy the folders from a mod pack over to your default minecraft directory, without screwing up your vanilla install incase you wanted to load up some other non-FTB game / modpack or whatever?
If you install It via curse launcher its started with the Vanilla launcher

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Azzanine