Is there a way to forbid the player to place items in chests?

sknif

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I'm looking for a mod that does this ^. I need it for a rougelike modpack where ressources are limited and you should have to think about what to throw away. I can't disable the chest recipe, because dungeons spawn with chests.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
No, like punching stone, they break, but don't drop. So when your house gets blown up... Bonus points if the items don't drop when the chest goes.

sknif

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! That's a good soultion. It doesn't solve the problem entirely, but it's better than nothing.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
It might be a good idea to leave the dungeon chests in there, and make dungeons (and mineshafts) rarer and significantly more dangerous. Storage will still be very limited, and theres a nice reward for players who take the plunge (assuming they come out alive).

Theres a lot of options available for tinkering with monster/dungeon difficulty and rarity.
Also changing the mining level of stone/cobble/chests ect should help prevent players from 'cheesing' your pack's mechanics.

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
On the other hand, you could be hilariously mean, and change it so all the chests generated are Railcraft Void Chests... On loading you have a limited time before it wipes all loot.