Is there a way I can download any pack which also includes textures?

• Thread starter texturepacksdonotwork
  • Start date
  • Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
T

texturepacksdonotwork

Hello,

I love all of the mods that have been created for so many years, the entire concept of hundreds of developers creating things and allowing me to download them completely for free is amazing.

Somehow, the texturepacks are a separate thing.

Every mod developer apparently only develops their mods with basic ugly default 20 year old textures?

When I try to install new ones, it fails with no error message except, if I try hard, I find an error that says I do not have enough ram.

Well I have 16gb of ram so this error is not accurate.

So I have to modify a command line parameter to allocate more ram to this game in order to have a higher resolution texture on any blocks?

And this is not explained in any install documents!?! I have no error message except the one saying that I do not have enough memory??

I DO HAVE 16GIGABUTTS OF MEMORY!!!!!

Did my modern, good computer damage itself in some way where only I am experiencing this problem where I can not install a texture pack the same way that I have been doing for TEN YEARS PRIOR to now????

T

texturepacksdonotwork

Is there any document which describes how I can install a texture pack? The regular drag and drop method is not working.

T

texturepacksdonotwork

Is my RAM corrupted?

is the normal bdcraft texture being installed without problems by everyone?

i click and it does not go! how can i make it go!!!!!!!!!

T

texturepacksdonotwork

how can i find logs which describe the problem that it has.

I see the bdcraft icon in my minecraft options resource menu. I click the arrow to move it from the left side menu to the right side menu.

Upon clicking Done, that's when it freezes.

That's normal. But when it is done freezing, it fails.

Can I find a log file which says what problem it had during that time?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
You have 16gigs of ram sure, but how much are you allocating to MC?

M

Malcolm Rey

Run the game without textures, press f3, look at top right corner and see how much memory you have allocated.

The "suggested" allocated memory is around 6 GB+ for HD texture packs, although it actually varies depending on how many mods you have and how big the texture pack resolution is.

If you have a massive pack and somehow you got 512x texture pack for your modpack - you will have troubles playing it even with 16 GB ram.

4GB - fine for 16x / 32x texture packs
8 GB - up to 128x is fine for sure, could try with 256 (at least for base) but it would be reaching
16 GB - 256x for sure, 512 - can be choppy

i assume you want to run shaders along with it to improve the look and feel.

As for asking developers to provide higher quality textures - that is pretty absurd. I'm not going into details on it but it's wrong on so many levels, ehh.