Is there a mod-alternative to RP2's Red Alloy Wire?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently running some testing in a 1.5.1 modpack that I've thrown together. The one thing I really need an equivalent of until RP2 comes out with an official update with, is the Red Alloy Wire. Is there another mod out there that creates a version of this stuff that I can use in the interim?

Keeshi

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I heard someone on slowpokes stream talking about one, but for the life of me, I can not remember what it was called.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I am being told that MFR has "RedNet Cable", which may be what I am looking for. Going to experiment now!

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
You just now discovered MFR Rednet?
You need to keep up with the times.
:p

Let's see.. there is Industrial Craft 2, Red Power 2, Thermal Expansion, BuildCraft, MystCraft, ComputerCraft, ThaumCraft, Ars Magicka and now I'm learning DartCraft and MineFactory Reloaded. I'm surprised I have not had an aneurysm in the process of learning all of this.

Oh..and I've only been playing Minecraft for about 2.5 months. So I think I'm doing pretty good. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1369457225][/DOUBLEPOST]
I put together a brief video on RedNet cable that you can check out if you find it a bit confusing to start. Its really quite powerful stuff even on its own.

Thank you VERY MUCH!

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, the feature I demonstrated with the force connect and no-connect mode is cool, but pretty buggy before build 822. If you have an earlier build with that feature you might wanna upgrade.

Crazy-mad props to Powercrystals for fixing the bugs I found so fast.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Let's see.. there is Industrial Craft 2, Red Power 2, Thermal Expansion, BuildCraft, MystCraft, ComputerCraft, ThaumCraft, Ars Magicka and now I'm learning DartCraft and MineFactory Reloaded.

Speaking of DartCraft, I had a look over its mod thread. What does it do that Modular Powersuits doesn't do better?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Dart craft is the best backpack mod on the market. It can do enderchest backpacks with Forestry-like item slurping properties.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of DartCraft, I had a look over its mod thread. What does it do that Modular Powersuits doesn't do better?

The way I look at it, it is more a case of what does it do better that Modular Powersuits does also.

I like the tools better in DartCraft. I like the mods and customization of the tools and armor better. It has a built in scaling system so you cannot just deck yourself out in full top tier kit, even if you had the resources. Broken tools turn into shards that act as fuel and experience for the creation process of replacement tools so nothing goes to waste or just 'breaks'. It includes packs / backpacks with fully customizable 'item grabbing' options; you can even recolor and rename the packs AND shift-right-click with them and dump the pack contents into a chest.

The mod adds a wonderful starter engine that actually has scalable power output based upon how you fuel it and how you cool it (refered to as 'throttling'). It only adds one ore which is not hard to find, even exists in the nether, and has uses in raw form, liquid form, or ingot form. You can upgrade IC2 power tools with it, as well.

Honestly tho.. I'd be willing to ignore everything else in the mod as long as I could have access to the CLIPBOARD; that one single item is freaking awesome. I have completely stopped using workbenches / crafting tables / project tables as a result. I _highly_ recommend that you look at the introduction videos that the mod author did for it ... as well as DireWolf20's spotlight on it. DartCraft has a permanent place in my FTB modpacks from now on.