is there a limit to ME Networks AE2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mrweslo

Mar 4, 2021
I have a server where we recently built a second Me network but there seems to create lag so that ender tanks and machines aren't working like normal for example the system doesn't pick up items from the machine instantly or ender tanks don't get fed the liquid.
Are me systems buggy or what causes this, the server is not lagging in itself at all. Running revelations 3.4.0.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
If you mean subnetworks, as in independent networks not directly connected to another, then there is no technical limit. This is the basis and foundation of the Super Soaryn Drive which stores all items in disk drives on a subnetwork that the 'main' network can access. However, as you have noticed, there's a CPU cost to that, and can lag out a server if you do it too much.

Also, machines and other things connected to the network can't 'see' other networks unless they're connected in both directions, so it won't be picking up items the main AE2 network doesn't see unless it has a specific place to put it on the subnetwork it is on.

mrweslo

Mar 4, 2021
Our export and import buses have been starting to bug out and randomly turning off at times then back on. This only happened when we built a second me network. The server is running smoothly with no lag could this be a problem within the mod.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Our export and import buses have been starting to bug out and randomly turning off at times then back on. This only happened when we built a second me network. The server is running smoothly with no lag could this be a problem within the mod.
Sounds more like you have a problem with channels. Make sure to split off main cable branches, use little spacers if necessary, so it doesn't try to recalculate an alternate path and exceed the channel limitation of the cables.

Also make sure the Interfaces are set up in the correct manner so the subsystem can appropriately 'talk' to the main system.

Those are the two most common sources of that problem.