Is there a Direwolf20 Complete Texture Pack out there?

T-Risely

Jul 29, 2019
By complete is mean 100% complete, no textures missing, all items and blocks

Forgive my ignorance if complete packs are common. I'm new to FTB so everythings a but overwhelming as im used to playing normal Minecraft

Thanks... And hello!

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
The short answer is no, there's not. The DW20 pack has only been available for less than a week, and it takes a while for texture packs to catch up. Sphax and Soartex are close, but not are 100%.

T-Risely

Jul 29, 2019
The short answer is no, there's not. The DW20 pack has only been available for less than a week, and it takes a while for texture packs to catch up. Sphax and Soartex are close, but not are 100%.

Ah, thanks for the info :) Sphax is my favourite pack, I can't wait for that one to be complete!

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
JohnSmith should be nearly 100% complete, though there may still be a few missing bits and bobs. If you add in Faithful textures for the missing mods, you can make a complete pack.

T-Risely

Jul 29, 2019
JohnSmith should be nearly 100% complete, though there may still be a few missing bits and bobs. If you add in Faithful textures for the missing mods, you can make a complete pack.

Ah thanks for the recommendation :) How would you go about installing specific textures for the different mods? Is there a file like the terrain.png or do mod textures work differently?

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
99% of the time, the missing textures will be the default texture, so they won't be a pink square or something.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Ah thanks for the recommendation :) How would you go about installing specific textures for the different mods? Is there a file like the terrain.png or do mod textures work differently?
Well, Zica is right that without the texture, it'll just be a default. I've found that if you just download the faithful textures you want, and just drag and drop them into the JohnSmith pack, it'll work fine, nothing special needed. I highly recommend JSTR, Zica and Glow and LazDude have created a masterpiece of a texture pack.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
There are no 100% complete packs out there. A good texture pack for FTB has world gen and most machines completed, asking for all the items and GUIs is a bit much. JohnSmith, Isabella, Misa's and SPHax are all great options depending on what kind of style you like. My favorite is Soartex, but I may be a bit biased.

Reactions: GoldBattle

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Soartex is by FAR the most complete. It is an awesome clean and smooth styled TP.
Soartex is good, but I really love using Netherbrick in my builds, and Soartex Netherbrick looks godawful (sorry) I have no idea how to change a texture pack (something I'll look into in the new year maybe)

Notelok

Jul 29, 2019

Could I get some links to those, I've been looking and can't find them.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Could I get some links to those, I've been looking and can't find them.
Be honest and admit that you may have used google - but you never bothered looking at the first page of threads in this subforum.

JSTR is two threads below yours at the moment (and never left frontpage for the last 8 weeks):
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/32x-johnsmith-technicians-remix.741/
And Faithful is three below yours:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/32x-faithful-1-4-7-ultimate-v1-0-1.14024/

lol I've not a clue how to create new textures, I download and put the zip in the folder XD may try learn how to work it someday, not sure.
Twist is, whenever a mod author decides to tweak his own textures internal layout, the packs have to adjusted accordingly. Meaning, if everything goes "as planned", you should not see a pink square, but the vanilla ones, or the ones offered by the mod itself. But with a "not yet corrected" image file, the mod asks the texture pack for a specific textures' position, which, as it's not there yet, is then returned as "here, have a pink square instead!". ;)