Is there a CHEST that automatically extracts items from nearby inventories (machines)?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering if there's a storage blocks that automatically sucks items from nearby inventories. I'm not interested in any other ways of extracting items !

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
if 5 slots are enough then a hopper springs to mind.
Else a turtle however without open peripherals it is very limited

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Automagic - greed(?) chest
Pneumatic Craft - hopper (as chest)
GregTech - inventory chest + RoboArm cover

Reactions: Pyure

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I really can't think of anything, there hasn't been a reason for it as most mods these days auto extract.
Closest thing I can think of is the item buffer from EIO. it has puny storage though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering if there's a storage blocks that automatically sucks items from nearby inventories. I'm not interested in any other ways of extracting items !
I Dont think There is such a thing
I Know There are chests that can FILL inventorys but not the other way around
The closest block to what you want would be factorizations Router
If you could get the items to drop on the ground then obviously the hungry chest is your way to go

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
I Dont think There is such a thing
I Know There are chests that can FILL inventorys but not the other way around
The closest block to what you want would be factorizations Router
If you could get the items to drop on the ground then obviously the hungry chest is your way to go

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk
What is this chest that can FILL inventories ?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I know about them, I thought there were chests that simply exported items...
Wait, exported, or extracted? That's two different things.

For chests that export to nearby inventories, I *think* there's an automagy chest for that. Possibly the tenacious. I forget if the Greedy chest does export.

There are also quasi-chests such as the Router from RouterReborn that exports as needed. I haven't tested it personally, but its based off the router from Factorization which is incredibly useful.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps Refined Relocation ha something, havent played with the mod much, but has some cool mechanics.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
perhaps Refined Relocation ha something, havent played with the mod much, but has some cool mechanics.
That's true, I forgot about RR. If you set it up correctly, placing an item into an RR chest can end up exporting it to an appropriate linked chest, kinda like a router. (I've found it a tiny bit finicky in the past but it more or less works)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you're trying to extract, Railcraft Loaders, and advanced loaders can extract from adjacent inventories. Railcraft Unloaders can export to adjacent inventories. Jabba Barrels with a hopper upgrade and hopper facade can eject from any face. They'll only hold one item at a time, but as long as they're unlocked, they'll hold a ludicrous amount of it.