Is there a block that teleports you?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm wondering if there is a block (from ANY mod) that I can stand on and get teleported about 150m (in this case). I would prefer a block and not a structure/multiblock. Thanks!

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I would assume its not vertical travel, but there is OpenBlocks Elevator.

RFTools has something like this, but it might be cross dimension only and I think its a multiblock anyway.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
IC2 has teleporters that work only within dimensions and use a LOT of energy (depending on distance); RFTools has teleporters that run on RF, again with the energy consumed scaling with distance (up to a point, which is the energy they use for cross-dimensional teleports); Mystcraft has linking books and portals (although getting those to work within dimensions is tricky); and Blood Magic has teleposers that should do the trick as well. You'll need a redstone signal to trigger the teleposers, but a pressure plate should suffice for that. Also, they may or may not be able to transport entities (such as players) across dimensions; support for that has been iffy in the past and I don't know whether or not it works at the moment.

I think that's about it. Oh, there's the ender rail from EnderIO which uses a dimensional transciever to teleport minecarts (with their contents), if that's your thing.

Reactions: AndyMASH

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 has teleporters that work only within dimensions and use a LOT of energy (depending on distance); RFTools has teleporters that run on RF, again with the energy consumed scaling with distance (up to a point, which is the energy they use for cross-dimensional teleports); Mystcraft has linking books and portals (although getting those to work within dimensions is tricky); and Blood Magic has teleposers that should do the trick as well. You'll need a redstone signal to trigger the teleposers, but a pressure plate should suffice for that. Also, they may or may not be able to transport entities (such as players) across dimensions; support for that has been iffy in the past and I don't know whether or not it works at the moment.

I think that's about it. Oh, there's the ender rail from EnderIO which uses a dimensional transciever to teleport minecarts (with their contents), if that's your thing.
I was thinking of going with Mystcraft Intra-Linking books, but the Blood magic idea sounds very appealing (hope it works).

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I was thinking of going with Mystcraft Intra-Linking books, but the Blood magic idea sounds very appealing (hope it works).
It should definitely work within a dimension, which it sounds like is what you're trying to do. You might have to do some engineering to get it to actually teleport you when you step on the pressure plate (as it might get the signal to activate before you're actually within its area of effect), but if it doesn't just work, a bit of redstone logic or an upgraded teleposition focus should do the trick.

No one

Jul 29, 2019
If you have it, you can use Mekanism teleporters. It is a multiblock, but it is very small (smaller than a nether portal, only needs like 10 blocks.) and uses little power. There's also a portable teleporter that can teleport directly to any teleporter, wherever you are. I know the portable teleporter works across dimensions, however I've never tried it with the multiblock structures.

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
It should definitely work within a dimension, which it sounds like is what you're trying to do. You might have to do some engineering to get it to actually teleport you when you step on the pressure plate (as it might get the signal to activate before you're actually within its area of effect), but if it doesn't just work, a bit of redstone logic or an upgraded teleposition focus should do the trick.
What I've done is make the teleposers teleport a 3x3 area and placed a lever on one of them. Pressure plates will teleport and remain stuck in the activated position, so they can't be used. On one of the teleposers (doesn't matter which) I had to set up a little NOT gate system because otherwise you would quickly be teleported to the other teleposer and then back from where you left.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Looking at the descriptions of Inductive automation, it seems it has 2 options
Interdimensional Wormhole: Teleports entities and players to its linked
destination on contact and also item, fluid and energy access from a side
to this block is redirected to the neighbor block on the opposite side of its
linked destination. By placing this block you get the second block that is
linked to it spawned in your inventory.
5.7 Teleporter
The teleporter can teleport the content of its operating area (all blocks and entities) to
any location within the same dimension. Accordingly any blocks and entities previously
located at the destination will be moved to the previous area location. This teleportation
requires energy: E = 2kJ ∗ areaV olume ∗ distance , where the area volume is the size of
the area
p in m (= sizeX ∗ sizeY ∗ sizeZ) and distance is the length of the translation in
m (= dx 2 + dy 2 + dz 2 ). While the energy accumulation could take very long for big
areas and distances the actual teleportation of the entire area will happen within one
game tick, so multiblock structures shouldn’t notice being teleported. The coordinates
of the teleport destination are set in the machines GUI:
{INSERT A LOT MORE DETAILS HERE AND A PICTURE OF ITS GUI. SERIOUSLY, THIS THING HAS A LOT OF DOCUMENTATION.....}

Though, not exactly as you want it also has an item that can teleport you even to places you have never been before (set the correct coordinates, and either give it a name for later use or click on teleport and be done with it)

Sorry if the text is a bit weird, I copied it directly from a pdf file and sometimes it does weird stuff. Whole documentation on inductive automation here

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
RFTools 'Transmitter' and 'Receiver' are 1 block each. You will also need a Dialer to link the two and keep the connection open. It costs some small amount of energy to maintain the connection.

So, that's 3 blocks for 1 direction of travel. For bi-directional travel that's 'always on', you'll need 6 blocks total and some small amoutn of power on each side. Tesseracts are good for this.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
RFTools Advanced Charged Porter can teleport you to several different locations and doesn't need a receiver. EnderIO Travel Anchors with a Staff of Traveling will do it, Matter Overdrive has Transporters. IC2 transporters. Mystrcraft books. Draconic Evolution has a multi-targetable teleporter. You probably over-did your teleposer.

Put another couple of ender pearls into your altar, and on the first level pull it out. That should be a 1x1 on top of the teleposer.