Is the Infinite Liquid drum exploit fixed in Monster 1.1.2?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly what it says on the tin. I am going to be launching a server soon and need to know if drums will be allowed or not. I hope it is fixed, because drums are a VERY nice method to store liquid, and I personally think an Oil Platform filling drums looks a lot cooler than one having to pump the oil through an ender tank/tesseract for transportation.

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
One word.

Rotarycraft.

Isn't infinite jet fuel kiiiiinda OP? I mean seriously, it'd invalidate ALL other methods of gaining electricity, including fusion generators and fission reactors.

If It is there, is there any way to keep an eye out for exploiters? Is it easy to hide something like that?

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
One word.

Rotarycraft.

Isn't infinite jet fuel kiiiiinda OP? I mean seriously, it'd invalidate ALL other methods of gaining electricity, including fusion generators and fission reactors.

If It is there, is there any way to keep an eye out for exploiters? Is it easy to hide something like that?
Forgot rotary was in monster, was thinki of dw20 mods list. Unsure if there is a way to find them. But if they want to ruin the game for themselves let them. IMHO forcing members to not do something that they want drives players away.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC it was present in that version, don't quote me on that.
Also why disable? Is it a challenge server?

Leaving exploits like that can cause a server to become dead quite quickly.
Players are quite habitual and play in seasons by the looks of it. When a new modpack/ world comes around they will do all the things until they run out of the things and never log in till some new stuff shows up. If an exploit makes those things faster or makes content pointless to do they don't stick around as long.
Sure plugging up exploits with bans/ removals can drive players away but chances are they are not players you want around anyway. It sounds elitist but if you are forking out the big bucks for a server then it's your way or the highway. If a server owner want to plug up an exploit then that's how you have to play if you want in their server.
When it comes to server numbers there are 2 factor to consider, recruitment and retention. Ban the wrong things and both will hurt, but not banning things that need it will create a bleed of really bored players. Keeping players interested is tricky business that requires a keen sense of balance.