Is origin good pc platform than steam?

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting a Asus g750 on Christmas but thinking about changing to steam to origin. Is it a good pc platform than steam?

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
NO. ORIGIN IS TERRIBLE. YOU WILL CRY YOURSELF TO SLEEP. YOU CANT EVEN GET EVERYTHING. AND YOU CANT SWITCH YOUR STEAM GAMES TO ORIGIN WITHOUT REBUYING.

Sorry for the caps, hard to portray how bad it is without them.
Lol[DOUBLEPOST=1378794821][/DOUBLEPOST]
NO. ORIGIN IS TERRIBLE. YOU WILL CRY YOURSELF TO SLEEP. YOU CANT EVEN GET EVERYTHING. AND YOU CANT SWITCH YOUR STEAM GAMES TO ORIGIN WITHOUT REBUYING.

Could you give me info why origin is terrible so I can tell my friends if I see them playing on origin and you can have caps on if you want :)

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
ITS FORMAT IS HORRIBLE, AND THEY HAVE HAD BAD PROBLEMS WITH MULTIPLAYER, AND ITS MADE BY EA AND IT JUST LOOKS BAD, AND CAN POP UP RANDOM WINDOWS OUT OF NOWHERE LIKE BAM!

I think thats it. It has a pretty bad design too. The only reason i use it is Humble Origin Bundle

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Except anything in the Mass Effect trilogy. Or Mirror's Edge. And you can get all of those (except Mass Effect 3) on Steam anyways.

Or Crysis.

I can say that Origin is fairly bad. I randomly lost a key to one of my games without warning, and I can't get the key back even if I buy the game again. There's even a thread about it's other "features" elsewhere on the forums.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Except anything in the Mass Effect trilogy. Or Mirror's Edge. And you can get all of those (except Mass Effect 3) on Steam anyways.

You know, I've never actually played Mass Effect...or Crysis, or Mirror's Edge...lol...guess I can avoid EA games since I haven't tried those :D...though I did used to really love me some Sims

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019

Unless you bought them at HumbleBundle.com, then you get keys both for Origin and Steam, like in last EA HumbleBundle 10 games pack (except BF3 and The Sims 3, which come exclusively on Origin).

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Unless you bought them at HumbleBundle.com, then you get keys both for Origin and Steam, like in last EA HumbleBundle 10 games pack (except BF3 and The Sims 3, which come exclusively on Origin).

He did. He gave his Steam keys to other people, and used the Origin ones on himself.
A noble sacrifice.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Origin is not so much bad then it is limited, which I suppose is bad right... Hmm.
Steam will always be better becasue they have a wider variety where as Origin as good or bad as the launcher might be will only have EA games or those from game devs that are closely affiliated (vassals). They appear to limit themselves exclusively to EA titles and this hurts origin as a sales platform.
And I would be suprised if EA throws any bones to Indy devs, while not every indy game is gold actually i'd say 70% of all indy games are trash. Indy devs are what's keeping the brain pool of game development from stagnating. Indy games offer you a cheap reprieve from cookie cutter "AAA" games, they usually end up crap but are usually worth what you paid for and sometimes you strike gold and find one you play past it's value.

Origin is quite rubbish, I only got it for SimCity5 and we all know how that turned out. At least I got MassEffect 3 for free so I can only half complain.

Reactions: Brilliance

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
I fear some day i'm gonna have to get it, EA acounts was being stupid when i tried to do it on the sims, It said my adress was in use, WOuldn't let me change password, AMong other things

Reactions: Darth Sith

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
try contact sales support after a online purchase fails. a year later i still dont have my game and no way to contact EA origins support

ORIGINS IS A SCAM

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
The Sims 3 is on Steam along with all of the stuff and expansion packs. [DOUBLEPOST=1379170677][/DOUBLEPOST]The only platform to use on PC and has great features is Steam.[DOUBLEPOST=1379170896][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way EA games aren't on Steam because EA is a very greedy company and doesn't like Valves DLC terms. Basically the terms state you can't charge the user a DLC for the same amount of a game.