Is Mystcraft going to be included in MindCrack pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

danny75

Jul 29, 2019
I know that it wasn't updated to 1.4.6 at time of pack release, but now it has, will it be included. Slow said it would, but it doesn't appear within the pack list. Can someone confirm.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it will be added at some stage. There may be a conflict with Traincraft they have to work out.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Oh okay. Someone had trouble adding Traincraft to DW20 pack and Mystcraft seems to be the most likely culprit

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
I added it to mindcrack and it started up fine, however it appears to crash any time I try to use this descriptive book I just wrote. Going to try to track down why.

Edit: Appears to crash on just any use of a descriptive book, written or random.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
It is crashing because you are using an outdated forge. the Mindcrack pack is using .473 you need at least .474 like direwolf's pack is using.

Froghandler

Jul 29, 2019
Short answer: nobody knows! (yet)

Long answer: probably not (my personal opinion.) It's first and foremost a pack for the server. Things like creating ages and the like doesn't make sense because their stated philosophy is a desire to create a continuous world with other Mindcrackers, and to do more community stuff together than in the previous FTB series. It also provides an easy way out instead of making things like nether hubs, and transportation networks that Mindcrackers love to build. Finally, it makes the game easier (especially with dense ores) and they seem to want to take the hard route.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Just because the game starts doesn't mean there are no issues/conflicts between mods :rolleyes::p

Personally I think I'll go with one of the other packs though, for me mindcrack and Direwolf's packs just miss some mods I like while having quite a few I don't like.

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
It is crashing because you are using an outdated forge. the Mindcrack pack is using .473 you need at least .474 like direwolf's pack is using.

But the most recent available version of forge is .467...

Whatever, screw it, I just mashed both packs together in the direwolf20 pack in the launcher. It all works fine other than traincraft and advancedsolars, which conflict with forestry and compactsolars(not exactly a big deal on the latter, both would be silly).

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Testes the 1.4.6 Mystcraft release on its own....i can crash the game with two ways using mystcraft. While one is not a big deal. Crash when saving while in an age not the overworld. the second ist bigger...it happens everytime something (not the player) goes through a portal,
An that is with all forge versions 474+ (474 is minumum)

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
But the most recent available version of forge is .467...

Whatever, screw it, I just mashed both packs together in the direwolf20 pack in the launcher. It all works fine other than traincraft and advancedsolars, which conflict with forestry and compactsolars(not exactly a big deal on the latter, both would be silly).
http://files.minecraftforge.net/ from the sites download files the most recent version is actually .480

danny75

Jul 29, 2019
can one of the modpack dev's comment on this. slowpoke definitely said mystcraft would be included during the live stream. it was the reason we went with the mindcrack pack and didnt wait for dw20's pack. it would be nice to get some official word on the matter.

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
can one of the modpack dev's comment on this. slowpoke definitely said mystcraft would be included during the live stream. it was the reason we went with the mindcrack pack and didnt wait for dw20's pack. it would be nice to get some official word on the matter.
Seconded

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
ether way it is broken atm. Tested it with the DW20 pack and got the same errors i got when trying it myself. So they missed that it is not working before putting it in any 1.4.6 pack.