is it normal for loading to take multiple tries?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
K

kikinak

Title is it normal for loading to take multiple tries?

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack beyond

Modpack version

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file https://pastebin.com/hjfkcWz9

Details of the issue Just getting started with ftb, figured I'd start with beyond because why not. Took a while to download everything, then when I launched it, it got stuck loading some Refinedstorage blocks and crashed, then I launched it again and it made it slightly further into refinedstorage and crashed (further attempts still go really slowly here). Attempt three got much further but it too crashed (phase 4's immersive engineering, and this time it didn't even have the courtesy to close itself and said that the crash report handler had a negative index). Then again at when initializing mods phase 3. There were multitudes of errors along the way of missing mod files (such as loads of harvestcraft items)persistent across all attempts. Did something go wrong with my download or is it normally this messy? Seems like it. The console warns me that compactlib and mcjtylib are nonmod files that "should be removed if possible", but doing so breaks the entire thing further and makes the loader tell you that the files are vital and to put them back as soon as you try to run it

I put attempt 4's crash (which got further than some further attempts, like when java ran out of memory for journeymap) report on pastebin since your personal paste page is down. Some things to keep in mind:
>clean version of minecraft. Up to date (1.12.2), but I can't find any way to roll that back, not that this uses the standard launcher anyway
>legacy window straight from your site
>launched from the launcher from your site
>no modifications on my end, other than attempting to delete compact and mcjty, then undoing said deletion
>I still yet to have a successful startup

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kikinak

As a side note, I can run Infinity lite 1.10, which takes about 3 minutes to start up

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Increase the amount of allocated memory, for most 1.10 packs you usually want at least 4 gigs.

A

AmethystMoon

How do you change the allocated memory? I was poking around, but the launcher is all different than it used to be and I can't find where the setting is. Are there any modpacks that would run with just 2 gigs?