Is FTB updated to Minecraft 1.4.5?

Tiwuno

Jul 29, 2019
With so many mods already updated to the latest version of Minecraft, I'm kind of curious as to why FTB hasn't. Or has it and I need to manually update somehow?

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Because RP2 is right around the corner, and RP2 + 1.4.5 + xycraft worldgen is needed to blow our minds :D

Tiwuno

Jul 29, 2019
So, FTB isn't going to update until RP2 is released? And here I thought one of the big selling points over Tekkit was that FTB is, "...always up to date."

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
I assume the reason is that the RP2 release is right around the corner.
You don't have to update daily to be "always up to date".
After all, tekkit is still 1.2.5, so FTB have quite a lead when it comes to updates anyway :p

Tiwuno

Jul 29, 2019
True. My biggest issue with FTB not being updated is OptiFine for 1.4.2 has many issues. Though, OptiFine isn't included in FTB anyways, which I'm guessing is due to mod permissions.

maylith

Jul 29, 2019
The author of Optifine has never given permission to any mod pack. He also, from what I understand, did not reach an agreement with Mojang who have since decided to add many similar features in a future update.....

Tiwuno

Jul 29, 2019
I kind of figured it would have to be a permissions issue, since FTB prides itself on including the most popular mods and OptiFine is definitely in the top 5. While I'm sure the mod author is peeved about Mojang using some of his code for vanilla Minecraft, it unfortunately happens a lot (just look at WoW for about 100 examples).

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Mojang doesnt need permisions if they want to implement a mod to vanilla, they have the full rights to do that.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Mojang doesnt need permisions if they want to implement a mod to vanilla, they have the full rights to do that.

That's not completly right, they can't use the code the modder used, because the modders actually own the changes they made to Mojang base-classes although they don't own the classes themself. So Mojang has to code the stuff for themself, but well they propably go for a rewrite for a lot of stuff anyway so this should not problematic for them.

I think FTB set a certain deathline for the 1.4.5 update. If RP will not be out until then it will propably not be included in the first release of FTB.

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
Can we just get a yes or no on a update for this month?

Many rumors going around here that Sunday is the day we get 1.4.5 with or without RP2.

But again those are rumors, so can we get a FTB staff member to kill or confirm this?

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
No point in anyone giving an exact date for release for two reasons:
1. If they do not, some people will get angry because of lack of information.
2. If they do and an unexpected bug suddenly appears right before the "promised" date, they are forced to choose between releasing it anyway and face the wrath of people complaining about a "broken" piece of s.... Or they postpone it and have to face the people who yells at them for not keeping up to their "promises".

Either way, the developers are screwed. See the logic?

Now please be patient and use the already awesome modpack! ;)

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
We are being patient SeniLix, Maybe a bit to patient. Does not hurt the public for them to stop in and say "Hey guys, we know you are stoked over the new stuff. But, due to some unforeseen things, we are not ready to release yet. But, here is what I can tell you" and there is no reason why they can't tell us what's going on.

Matthew Taylor

Jul 29, 2019
I kind of figured it would have to be a permissions issue, since FTB prides itself on including the most popular mods and OptiFine is definitely in the top 5. While I'm sure the mod author is peeved about Mojang using some of his code for vanilla Minecraft, it unfortunately happens a lot (just look at WoW for about 100 examples).
beta all im saying

ksbd

Jul 29, 2019
I find it awfully rude to be so complacent about the modpack not updating so soon after the official mc update. It is a free modpack, with many people putting time and effort into minimizing bugs and maximizing enjoyment for people. It's not a question of whether you're being "too patient" or not, it's whether you're feeling deprived of something you know you could have, but don't. It's not even that you can't have said aspect of the game, it's just that you're incapable of waiting and enjoying what you have. Now, whilst I do agree that the guys could keep us informed about what's going on, they could just use that time to be getting the stuff ready instead (their free time I might add).
I'm not saying I'm not desperately waiting for Thaumcraft, Redpower, EE, Xycraft, etc to be added, but I don't think people should be so ready to complain, especially when just a while ago, you'd have to go to a certain other modpack to enjoy out-dated mods...

By the way, this isn't aimed at anyone in general, I've just seen so many comments on here, YouTube and elsewhere that it's really starting to peeve me...

Matthew Taylor

Jul 29, 2019
I find it awfully rude to be so complacent about the modpack not updating so soon after the official mc update. It is a free modpack, with many people putting time and effort into minimizing bugs and maximizing enjoyment for people. It's not a question of whether you're being "too patient" or not, it's whether you're feeling deprived of something you know you could have, but don't. It's not even that you can't have said aspect of the game, it's just that you're incapable of waiting and enjoying what you have. Now, whilst I do agree that the guys could keep us informed about what's going on, they could just use that time to be getting the stuff ready instead (their free time I might add).
I'm not saying I'm not desperately waiting for Thaumcraft, Redpower, EE, Xycraft, etc to be added, but I don't think people should be so ready to complain, especially when just a while ago, you'd have to go to a certain other modpack to enjoy out-dated mods...

By the way, this isn't aimed at anyone in general, I've just seen so many comments on here, YouTube and elsewhere that it's really starting to peeve me...
Well said not many people think like that, if they paid for it then you can go on about not updating

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
No one wants them to rush out a crap version of the mods, no one is being rude, and and no one is feeling deprived. But when you have a following like ELo and the others do, well you just don't go dark for almost 3 months with the only words of "paper" as your tweet.

Are they getting paid? Hell no they are not. But again with as much as a following as these guys have, well it is just expected of them to at least take a fast minute and and throw thier followers a small cup of kool-aid.(jim jones reference for the young ones)

Kenneth

Jul 29, 2019
How come all the FTB servers i try to join are 1.4.5 and have people playing them and yes they are FTB servers

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Because they are servers from the future that traveled back in time?
They have eigther been manualy updated to use 1.4.5 or you've gotten your hands on FTB test servers.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
I'm kinda getting tired of people telling me that wanting information on the status of things is directly linked to impatience for the modpack and the people making the mods and the launcher. I can wait for the mods, but I'd like to know WHY it's being held back. There really isn't any harm in saying "Hey, this feature is still broken, so we're trying to fix it," or "Yeah, we're waiting on RedPower and XyCraft," or something. I'm not sure why so many people automatically jump down the throats of anyone who simply wants to know what's happening.

Yeah, they're not getting paid (except in donations), so they don't HAVE to tell us anything. But it would certainly be nice, and it would help assuage the people who ARE getting impatient.

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
Well said Narcisism. We are just jumpy cause of the videos we have been watching and the great stuff that ALL the mod makers have been doing.

I know. Let's just blame DW and Slow lol.(joke)