Iron Tanks - Adjacent?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Can multiple Iron Tanks be built directly adjacent to each other, or do I have to keep a space of one between them?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
They are designed to be built on top of each other, yeah. Two valves matching up on vertically adjacent tanks will cause liquids to automatically flow from the top tank to the bottom one. You can even see multiple streams if you have multiple valves connecting them.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
now, not breaking the center block on the bottom face of the tank will have it 'remember' its liquid level when the tank is reconnected. in that case, is it possible to expand the tank while keeping the liquid inside?

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, as long as the centre block of the old size is in the same place as the centre block of the new size.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me, or does that seem like an easy way to make compressible liquid storage? (make a giant tank, fill with liquid, break all blocks except bottom center, repeat at y+1)

enoch

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me, or does that seem like an easy way to make compressible liquid storage? (make a giant tank, fill with liquid, break all blocks except bottom center, repeat at y+1)

I think technically it's possible, but to do any extraction, you'd have to rebuild the tank back up again.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like it would be really hard to get the liquid back out again without accidentally destroying the liquid by making too small a tank when trying to extract it. Well, maybe more tedious than hard.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
maybe, but I can imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to set up. of course, you could partially automate it (the building and destroying of tanks, that is) with RP2 once it's updated.