Iron duplication?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Whinoa

Jul 29, 2019
You can duplicate iron by putting a water bucket in the furnace, what'll give you two empty buckets, which you can pulverize to get three dust. Intentional or bug?

Whinoa

Jul 29, 2019
Ow, sorry, I thought that it maybe was intentional and became a cross-mod exploit.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Ow, sorry, I thought that it maybe was intentional and became a cross-mod exploit.

The specific bug would be that if you smelt a bucket of water, it should not retain the bucket whilst giving you an empty bucket. I don't know which modification allows for water bucket -> empty bucket, but they likely need to rethink how they do it otherwise people will start setting up massive bucket/iron farms. Just imagine how easy it'd be to automate it.

Candyman711

Jul 29, 2019
Which mod-pack are you using just tested on the Direwolf20(V5), and only getting one bucket when smelting a water bucket in a vanilla furnace.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Which mod-pack are you using just tested on the Direwolf20(V5), and only getting one bucket when smelting a water bucket in a vanilla furnace.

Using MindCrack 8.0.1, on an electric furnace, I was able to reproduce this.

FrozenBrain

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm this bug.
Mod Pack & Version: DW20 v5.0.1
Mod & Version: Possibly IndustrialCraft
Whats the bug? If you smelt a water bucket using any (?) IC² furnace (tested with the Iron Furnace and the Induction Furnace) you get two empty buckets (there's one in the input slot and one in the output slot). Smelting a water bucket in a vanilla furnace or eg. a powered furnace only gives you one empty bucket.
Can it be repeated? Yes.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Can't reproduce this. Latest version of DW20, SSP, but I did dupe buckets but the pulverizing doesn't work. So I guess I half reproduced it.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly certain that's a GregTech recipe, which would explain why people in DW20 pack aren't seeing it.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Ah missed that one, sorry. Dunno, then, unless that person added gregtech to dw20. if not, then I'm at a loss.

As I've personally confirmed it for DW, MC, I'd suggest you're doing it wrong. However, it does not work for FTB Lite.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
The pulverizer isn't even the dupe, but an alloy furnace will work.

I can now confirm that the mod adding the recipe is Factorization but that the recipe only dupes in an IC or Blulectric Furnace. A vanilla or powered furnace will not dupe.