Iron chests are "dancing"?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

CreeperLover101

Jul 29, 2019
I got on the Direwolf20 pack, and the first thing I see are my iron, gold, and diamond chests "dancing" around. By "dancing" I mean they're turning back and forth. Sideways, then front, over and over again. It's rather annoying. Anybody know what's happening? I didn't add anything but Optifine to the pack.
Thanks for any responces I get!

MushroomDynamo

Jul 29, 2019
It could just be a bug. I'm watching slowpoke's stream right now and all of his gold chests are doing the exact same thing.

Shame they don't turn entities on top of them, cats DO have a propensity for sitting on them and it'd be quite nice to have a feline turntable...

Ldog

Jul 29, 2019
Holiday feature ;)
No, not really. I'm not sure if it is caused by 1.4.6 or forge for 1.4.6, and I think that is what the changelogs refer to when they say "fixed graphical derpiness" but it doesn't seem to be fixed yet.
Seems to be benign though.

CreeperLover101

Jul 29, 2019
The day before I had no audio, but the audio came back that day. Then that day the chests did that. Today I've seen none of it. Maybe it's a daily torture thing MC is doing to me? jk xD

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the responces.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Mine did that. I logged out and back in and they stopped. Today I also, when looking in a chest, while I was in it the chest was opening and closing constantly.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
Also have had this problem. It seems to be intermittent and can affect some but not all chests adjacent to one another.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
if you check the ironchests topic on the minecraftforum CPW stated the problem lies with optifine and is not caused by ironchests itself.
the only way to fix this is to remove optifine or "bug sp614x to fix his stuff."

Reactions: Greyed

tunnen

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I have noticed that some of my iron chests look like they are stuck in the open state (Lid up). Other players on my server also notice the same chests were showing as open too, but we are all using Optifine. I've never seen the chests rotate or anything else by themselves. Just they occasionally get stuck open after I use them. When I get home tonight, I'll try launching without Optifine and see if that fixes things.

Another possibility, though I'm assuming is not the case here, is if you have a crescent hammer equipped you can rotate things when you click on them.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Chests being stuck in the open state is a vanilla bug from all the way back when chests first started opening. If it really bothers you, restart the server. But there's no guarantee they won't get stuck open again at another time.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, as Yushunoha got it, it's Iron Chests + Optifine. Remove one, or the other, and it goes away.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Another possibility, though I'm assuming is not the case here, is if you have a crescent hammer equipped you can rotate things when you click on them.
I don't think that works on mod chests, only vanilla ones. And maybe Enderchests. But not Ironchests. At least, it didn't used to maybe it does now.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that works on mod chests, only vanilla ones. And maybe Enderchests. But not Ironchests. At least, it didn't used to maybe it does now.

in the newest releases of the omni-tool/thermal expansion it does, but in the 1.4.7 releases they don't work on modded chests.