iOS 7: What do you think?

iOS 7: Your thoughts?

• Total voters

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Just came out at 6 PM here in the UK and I'm super excited. It just finished downloading and I'm playing around with it. It's pretty nice and easy to navigate, but a bit slow. Some of the buttons take a while to activate. I'm sure this'll get fixed quickly though! What are your thoughts?

EDIT: If... you don't have it, don't vote. Or vote Other and then say you don't have it.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Whizz, what's a "thred"? Be sure to edit it!

Best wishes,

Person That Doesn't Use Apple Software 'Cause It's Expensive
(PTDUASCIE)

Reactions: Jess887cp

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Don't particularly like it (though I am a disliker of Apple.) Takes too much from Android + Windows OS's, the button layout etc, seems slower than iOS 6 also, and is a pain in the arse to install. Just my opinion though ;)

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
@aliveghost: problem with Android is it never even releases updates of this magnitude to begin with. It's mainly the major phone makers that release them.

Pain to install? Lol...all you have to do is download and sorted. Obviously the download servers were taxed to the max (so I read) making for longer downloads IF you insist on getting/installing it right the moment it was released.

Bel*.

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose, but this update was the largest update for Apple ever, basically everything has changed. The reason why android itself does not change much is because phone manufacturers skin the phones with HTC Sense and such. There's also lot more of a range of phones, 1 update wouldn't necessarily work for all of them, but meh, others probably like the update.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
@Aliveghost: granted indeed Android itself doesn't change much...and that's (imho) exactly where the problem lies. IIRC, there are currently about 3 or 4 different versions in use on different phones.

Disclaimer: not trying to bash Android; both OSes have their merits and problems...as with anything :)

luacs1998

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen the difference between Android 2.3 and Android 4, it is quite a change.
Though for iOS 7 it just seems like a reskin of the UI.
(Windows Phone user here)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I work in an environment where I have to frequently support mobile devices (windows mobile, android, blackberry & iOS). By far the easiest one for me to support is android. The worst is probably windows mobile. I don't know if Apple has fixed a lot of the weird idiosyncrasies with their OS with this new version but I doubt it.

carmont492

Jul 29, 2019
Like it.

Would prefer a little shading on the keyboard in messaging, safari etc.

Not sure what's going on but I can't seem to find this iTunes radio.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Your poll should have included "I don't have/use iOS7" for all those lamers who are going to check "HATE IT" because they are andriod users.[DOUBLEPOST=1379610399][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not sure what's going on but I can't seem to find this iTunes radio.
It's in the Music app.

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen the difference between Android 2.3 and Android 4, it is quite a change.
Though for iOS 7 it just seems like a reskin of the UI.
(Windows Phone user here)

Indeed, it does seem like a reskin. There are some good points though, such as the multitasking ideas and the swipe up from the bottom to access those options, they are fairly slick, but yes, it just seems a spruced up iOS 6.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
As an Android user, I couldn't care less. Even if I was an iOS user, I wouldn't really care about that junk. I know you're super hyped for some reason though. How is it?

Reactions: dgdas9

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
As an Android user, I couldn't care less. Even if I was an iOS user, I wouldn't really care about that junk. I know you're super hyped for some reason though. How is it?
Er... so as an iOS user you would not care about major updates to the operating system? lol what?

I've used iOS7 a couple of days now on an iphone 4S. I don't notice any performance loss, and the new visuals are nice. Siri is just as retarded as she ever was, the new easy-access swipe upward is nice, added camera features are nice. iTunes radio has excellent sound quality, some of the new UI is kind of hard to catch at first glance due to lower-contrast icons and text being used... that's about it for now. Mixed bag, but mostly positive.