Inventory management help (FTB Revelations)

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Rheiad

Jan 15, 2020
So I recently got back into FTB revelations and it’s been great, however there’s some inventory management that’s been annoying me for the past week or so. It’s nothing gamebreaking, but it’s getting pretty irritating and I’m not quite sure how to get it to stop. Basically whenever i hold shift over an item, it (I say it because I have no idea which mod is doing this) is highlighting all the spots where the item CAN’T go in red, so anytime I’m shift clicking items in any inventory I’m seeing this red including the applied energistics 2 me terminal, which basically sets my screen ablaze with red, which is getting very annoying. I saw it happening in direwolf20s first episode in his newest playthrough on the first episode, but it was gone by the second episode and he never mentioned it. Any clarification anyone could offer on this annoying feature would be great. Thanks!
upload_2020-1-15_0-32-24.png

upload_2020-1-15_0-32-48.png

Reactions: MrMeeseeks

MrMeeseeks

May 30, 2020
After grepping through all of the client config files for words like 'red' and 'shift', I actually found it. It's in the quark.cfg file.
JSON:
    "show invalid slots" {
        # How opaque the overlay is
        D:Opacity=0.3333333333333333

# Set this to true to only display the reds boxes when Shift is held
        B:"Requires Shift"=true
    }

And the value to disable this feature is

Code:
    B:"Show invalid slots"=false

You can modify this directly in game:
  1. Press Esc to open menu
  2. Click "Mod Options..."
  3. Click "Quark"
  4. Click "Config"
  5. Click "Client"
  6. On Page 2/2 (for me at least) change "Show Invalid Slots" to be a red X to disable
  7. Profit?

Reactions: thejimslp

Rheiad

Jan 15, 2020
After grepping through all of the client config files for words like 'red' and 'shift', I actually found it. It's in the quark.cfg file.
JSON:
    "show invalid slots" {
        # How opaque the overlay is
        D:Opacity=0.3333333333333333

# Set this to true to only display the reds boxes when Shift is held
        B:"Requires Shift"=true
    }

And the value to disable this feature is

Code:
    B:"Show invalid slots"=false

You can modify this directly in game:
  1. Press Esc to open menu
  2. Click "Mod Options..."
  3. Click "Quark"
  4. Click "Config"
  5. Click "Client"
  6. On Page 2/2 (for me at least) change "Show Invalid Slots" to be a red X to disable
  7. Profit?
You are a hero. Wherever you go, I go with you. Haha all jokes aside, thanks for finding and sharing that, I would've had no idea how go do that!