Windows .exe Invalid username or password

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: Windows 7 64 bit
Java version/update, bit type: 1.7.0_51 (64bit)
Launcher version: 1.3.4
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): y
Console log, pastebin.com link: http://pastebin.com/WSiypMAQ
Description of the problem:

Ran the launcher with no problems at first.
Closed the game because I had to move a few files around (Only moved a few text docs. Nothing related to FTB or MC)
After a couple of minutes, tried to launch the game again and the message "incorrect username or password" appeared.

Afterwards I have done the following:
  • Rebooted
  • Uninstalled FTB completely (including folders in App data)
  • Re downloaded the launcher.
  • Problem is the same no matter which mod pack is selected.
  • Re installed Java entirely.
  • Tried running the Launcher with only 64 bit Java installed.
  • Tried Running the Launcher with only 32 bit Java installed.
  • Tried Running the Launcher with both 32 and 64 bit Java installed (Letting the Launcher choose)
  • Deleted/Recreated the log in profiles several times.
  • Tried logging in both with/without manual typing password.
  • I am using a migrated account and of course using my email as username.
  • Checked very careful that both username and password are both correct.
  • Checked my log in details on the vanilla launcher. (Logged in with no problems at all)
  • Changed my password. (Same problem)
  • My account is a premium account (Alpha account)
First time this issue has happened to me, but I see others have had the same issue lately.

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
Very strange.

3 Hours later. Did not do anything. Now it's working flawlessly.
I'm confused.

Diocruel

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same exact problem and actually tried the same stuff. It happend 2 days ago where I couldn't log in for 24 hours, then it fixed itself while I did not even restart the computer or did anything. And now it is happening again. Changed my password again :S.

Johnny Cash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on my fifth day with this issue. I've tried the list of things OP has, but the error isn't on our part as far as I know. Wish we could get information from the devs on this.

Calmcacil

Jul 29, 2019
I also have this issue, i resorted to downloading the server pack and setting up a MultiMC instance.

Azrellion

Jul 29, 2019
Im having this issue too, i logged in perfectly 2 days ago, then suddenly it stopped and after re-entering my password like 7 times it worked again but since then it hasnt worked for 3 days straight now, its frustrating because me and some friends have JUST bought a server aswell :( id also like to hear updates onto if its being resolved :/ I migrated my account to mojang from minecraft in the hope it would work (yes i am trying to login via my email now and yes i can login to vanilla MC just not FTB)

cmpteki

Jul 29, 2019
You are certainly not alone in your frustration. A tonne of these threads have either stalled or been locked.

Based on how many people have this problem, I can't believe the dev team hasn't duplicated the issue yet; as previously mentioned, they must have Notch's own luck.

We are still having this problem in our house on multiple platforms with no consistency or common trigger before the failure(s).

Launch, works great, close, go do something else, launch, works great, close, go do something else, launch, fails, none of the fixes work, wait it out, eventually comes back. And nothing happens on the PCs in between.

Restarts have no effect. Reloading any (or ALL) of the affected software has no effect.

It will come back even if nothing has been tried and we just wait it out.
Exceedingly frustrating, more so for the kids, as they can't even load their single player worlds, never mind play together on a multiplayer server.
Our ISP is constant and no issues with anything else. We only login from home, connection point does not change.
As ever, vanilla minecraft ALWAYS works.
Migrated or non migrated account makes no difference, we have a mix here.

Of our three primary accounts during our most recent pack update, one went loaded back up without error, one had the error - no changes made - started working an hour or so later, one has had the error for three hours - no joy. As it sits, I am now telling the kids noone can play unless everyone can get in, otherwise it can get a tad chaotic. Worst part is, they think the computer is at fault, and do not seem to understand why I can't fix it for them, since I can fix anything else.

We try to stay logged in as much as we can and just never close minecraft, a less than ideal solution.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Please read this:
I've asked @progwml6 again if the dev team is still aware of the persistent login issues.
To my knowledge, the problem lies with our current launcher using the old login method. As far as I am aware, this was/is planned to be updated to the new method.

All threads created regarding Invalid Log in or Username/Password issues will be locked after the usual fixes are posted.

We know it's an issue. I don't have an ETA on a fix.

Locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.