Invalid username or password after 1.3.0 update.

Snuupey

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting this weird Error today after it promted me to do the 1.3.0 update to FTP, last night everything worked well, but now I can't even get into the game. Do I have to do something or what?

JJGaming97

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting the same problem. I tried my account on the vanilla Minecraft launcher and my details work. It's starting to annoy me too.

McMutton

Jul 29, 2019
Yes got the same issue....
Tried to update my password in the launcher again... issue still remains. Minecraft Login Servers are currently up, so that's not it.....

Launcher reacts instantanously with the message that the usename/password is wrong... my feeling is that the launcher doesn't even try to connect to the minecraft login servers?

Edit:
Console Log (the rest is as normal):
Code:
[10:43:33] [INFO] in Launcher LaunchFrame.doLogin:556: Logging in...
[10:43:34] [ERROR] in Launcher ErrorUtils.tossError:26: Invalid username or password.

2nd Edit: It seems impossible to rename the profile as well. (no error in the log, just doesn't rename the profile after clicking "Update"
It is possible to delete and create the profile with another name... (don't know if that helps in any way)

3rd Edit: Deleted Data saved in the appdata/roaming folder once as well to get the launcher back to the default settings... no changes of the error.
Tried launching a not installed pack... same error instantanously.
Now I'm out of ideas, therefore quite likely that the error isn't on my side :)

Last edited:

JJGaming97

Jul 29, 2019
I think you're right. It seems to be after I updated the Launcher to 1.3.0. Hopefully this gets resolved quick.

DaLynxx

Jul 29, 2019
I got the same problem. Worked like a charm yesterday with 1.2.9.
I can login with normal mojang laucnher.

This is what I have tried.
  • Complete re-install (removing everything and restarting with a freshly downloaded launcher file including the AppData/Roaming/ftblauncher directory)
  • Turned off all of my Anti-Virus/Firewall software
  • re-created a new profile
  • Started launcher as administrator
Update 1:
I am running
  • Windows 8 (x64)
  • Java... not that easy to know what FTB_launcher picks... but got both x32 and x64 of 1.7.0_45 installed
Update 2
Another thing tried (still no luck)
  • The two things mentioned in my post just below (i.e. login, and change the password)

Last edited:

DaLynxx

Jul 29, 2019
In IRC there's been reports of possible workarounds
First thing to try:
  • Go to minecraft.net and log in (upper right corner)
  • Then test your launcher again
Second thing to try:
  • Go to minecraft.net and reset your password (i.e. set a new one)
First thing have not worked for me. Have not tried the second yet.
Maybe it depends on what characters you have in your passwords...

McMutton

Jul 29, 2019
Second thing to try:
  • Go to minecraft.net and reset your password (i.e. set a new one)
Didn't work and did see no reason why that would work anyways....
As for characters in my password... changed it to a quite simple (unsafe) one... no use at all.

Using Win8 as well... launching the launcher with Java 7 64bit

Edit: Maybe I was to fast on that one that changing the password isn't working...
After I changed my password back to the old one (without restarting the launcher) it worked for me.... really weird issue.

Serraph

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, just to add i logged into minecraft.net then while keeping the browser open and logged in i went back and logged in with the new DW20 pack. i have tested this on 2 others (Magic farm V1.0.2 and Unleashed v1.1.3) and both worked.

Hope this helps!

DaLynxx

Jul 29, 2019
Tnx for the tip, but unfortunately that does not fix the problem for me. Even tried different browsers (Firefox & IE)

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Ive logged into FTB on numerous occasions today -- sometimes it just works, other times it doesnt. Come back in 30 mins or try a few more times and it's fine

Only mention this, because I havent touched anything (other than tweaking some config files and testing modpacks) and the fault is intermittent for me.

So whatever you change may not be the reason you finally login. Just saying

DaLynxx

Jul 29, 2019
I have no doubt that it works for most people most of the time. This thread would have been more populated if it had been a problem for most ppl.
But what you say at the end is very true.
"Hey, I stood on only my left foot and tried to start the launcher, and it worked!!!"... is not helpful :)

Serraph

Jul 29, 2019
Bit random but when ever i close the game i need to edit my profile (i just change the remember passwor part) to log n otherwise it sais invalid crentials. not sure what's doing it but I dont need my browser open now .

Taller Ghost Walt

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I haven't been able to log in even with trying the several ideas mentioned. Is there a way to revert back to the previous launcher (1.2.9 was it?) for the time being?
I can't find any links to older versions on the website and Google only seems to come up with cracked launchers, unfortunately.