Invader zmobies - overpowered and broken

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I am playing Blood and Bones for quite some time and I found recently that Invader zombies are a big issue. Tey spawn in the middle of my house in light up areas in huge masses (twice per minecraft day 3 miners and about 20-30 fighters). Each fighter is able to kill me in 3 hits (I have full Oureclase armor) and each digger is changing my house into a griefed hole. I need to keep cheating to be able to respawn, cose 30 zombies standing on my bed, while others are mining my machines = game over.

After 3 days and totaly destroyed house I decided to disable invasions in config files. The thing is they are still invading even with "B:invasionCaves=false". Currently whenever I see an invader I just switch to peacefull for a second and then back to hard, to prevent grief.

Is there a way to disable or at least nerf the diggers. I am fine with an army of fighters as long as they dont grief too much, but having to use 2 full barrels of cobble to fix holes every day is just insane.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that Hostile Worlds scales the zombies depending on your armor rating. Since you have full Oureclase armor, the zombies will scale to be relevant.

As for the configs, there are a load of settings that you could set to false or 0. Things like "invasionPortal=false", "invasionCaveChancePercent=0", "invasionBaseInvaderCount=0", etc. That might work.

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
I found 2 portals 300 blocks south from my house, that might be the source of my problem. What mining level I need to destroy them? Cobalt do not work, TNT either.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I found 2 portals 300 blocks south from my house, that might be the source of my problem. What mining level I need to destroy them? Cobalt do not work, TNT either.
When all else fails, Nuke.

Um... Nukes are a tad extreme. Place a water bucket in one of the portal blocks to break it.

Alternatively, you could enter the portal and die a million times for a bad reward. Your choice.