Introduce frames into an apiary with pipes.

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
As the tittle says, i can't introduce frames into an apiary from any side:

Top : Princess
Bottom : Drone
Side : Goes into the comb slot.

So, is there a way to inject them using pipes?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
No, and this is by design. If any mod finds an option to add frames automatically, Sengir fixes that bug.

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, i knew Sengir changed some stuff regarding tubes from rp2, didn't know about this one tho. Thanks.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Then
Nope.

Sengir specifically coded it like this, and blocked off any workarounds (like router/golems ect)
You're stuck doing it manually until you get some frame housing in your alvearies.​

So, gate setting "No Frames" are only meany to be used on Alvearies...even though this setting shows up when the gate is reading an Apiary inventory?

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Then
So, gate setting "No Frames" are only meany to be used on Alvearies...even though this setting shows up when the gate is reading an Apiary inventory?

You can use it to give off a signal(light, whatever) that you have to change them even if you can't automate it.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
What was really necessary ? Someone's response in this thread, or Sengir's intent of preventing frame automation ?

I'm pretty sure he wanted to provide a stronger reason to use Alvearies. At the same time, it would be bad to remove the ability to use frames entirely since it would make breeding up to Imperial/Industrious (to get Alvearies) that much more difficult. Getting Imperial/Industrious shouldn't be a cakewalk, but it also shouldn't be a tedious, frustrating exercise.